LegacyGT.com

KW vs Koni/HR

TheMonaLisa

I have the koni/h&r combo on my sedan and it's perfect. Aside from gigantic potholes and rumble strips it's super smooth. It would probably be smoother, but I've got the konis set probably around halfway to full firm.

What do you have for sway bars? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised to hear the Koni shock is higher quality. Good to know. If going with the Koni/HR I'de prob use the 3/8" saggy butt spacers.

-For reference-

KW: Spring rates: linear 7k

Lowering: 1.4"F./0.8R

Koni/HR: Spring rates: progressive

Lowering: 1.4"F./1.3R

Due to where you live and the weather there in the winters, that alone would seal the deal on the Koni/HR setup if it was my dd.

I think KW does make great shocks, but best case scenario they are almost as good as the Koni, but I agree with whitetiger that Koni does make the better shock, their valving is better.

That being said I was very happy with the RCE T1's I had which are basically KWv2's. I was running stiffer rates with them and they were still very comfortable.

Just my .02 cents, I'd always run a shock / spring set up for street as opposed to coilovers on this car. There are good enough options out there without the inevitable maintenance issues you'll encounter with a coilover set up on a a daily driver, (regardless of build quality), Love the RCE Tarmacs on my '05 GT wagon track car but for the street? Nah, no need in my book...

• 3 weeks later...

Question (cause I've been thinking about changing the suspension) I live in CT and we get some decent snowfall every year. What would be a good setup to run that wouldn't scrape, but also be drivable in snow

Koni shocks and your choice of aftermarket spring.

Thanks man, and what about sway bars and end links? I wanna get something that'll just make the turn in a little tighter and reduce body roll. I normally drive somewhat canyon-ey type roads

Thanks man, and what about sway bars and end links? I wanna get something that'll just make the turn in a little tighter and reduce body roll. I normally drive somewhat canyon-ey type roads

Your choice of tire makes a big difference to. For example, I currently have winter tires on my car. They are comfy and make all the suspension mods basically pointless.

Archived