LegacyGT.com

Killer Bee Oil Pickup Question

The Moroso pickup works great too and is half the price. I run the Moroso in my Spec B I just rebuilt.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

The Moroso pickup works great too and is half the price. I run the Moroso in my Spec B I just rebuilt.

I put the 6 quart steel Moroso pan and pickup on my own build and love it. It fits great, any ELH header will fit it, and it was about $350ish for the pan and pickup as a package.

;)

1117597043_Bottomendcomplete1.jpg.69511744e35f9708c9b7fb1a08d5fce8.jpg

i also run the the 6 qt moroso pan with pick up. scored a killer deal at Wicked Big Meet. spoke to the Moroso guy at the beginning of the day, then went back when he was packing up, and made him an offer so he doesn't have to pack it up and bring it home. snagged pan with pickup, the studs to install the pan, and shit tons of moroso stickers for $275.

Only issue I had was the upper plug fitting had to be tightened big time to stop it from leaking. the o ring supplied for the dipstick was too small and I had oil splashing out of the dipstick hole onto my headers. all easily remedied

I had used Suby bucks to buy the killer Bee set up and had never installed them. Selling them paid for the Moroso. (I miss suby bucks, I use to make work purchases to get the points)

This is one those preventative upgrades I'm looking into at the moment. Will probably talk to Rey at AZP to hear his thoughts. If the value is there vs. KillerB, I'll go Moroso too. May be a silly question, but are you filling up to 6qts for oil changes, and if so, what are your new OCIs?

• 2 weeks later...
I put the 6 quart steel Moroso pan and pickup on my own build and love it. It fits great, any ELH header will fit it, and it was about $350ish for the pan and pickup as a package.

;)

Do you have any fitment issues with undercover? What does bigger pan do for the car? Less frequent oil changes?

• Moderators
Do you have any fitment issues with undercover? What does bigger pan do for the car? Less frequent oil changes?

More capacity to prevent oil loss from becoming an issue and also to provide more oil for heat dispersion if that's an issue (track usage). Does not promote less frequent oil changes on it's own.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

More capacity to prevent oil loss from becoming an issue and also to provide more oil for heat dispersion if that's an issue (track usage). Does not promote less frequent oil changes on it's own.

I had heat issues before and I have heat issues after. Hot days 95+ and sustained RPMs, my temperature starts climbing.

So, if you have "heat" issues, this on it's own might not be the solution.

I mostly got it for "more capacity to prevent oil loss from becoming an issue".

• Moderators
I had heat issues before and I have heat issues after. Hot days 95+ and sustained RPMs, my temperature starts climbing.

So, if you have "heat" issues, this on it's own might not be the solution.

I mostly got it for "more capacity to prevent oil loss from becoming an issue".

Yeah. I'm also guessing that you aren't measuring the temperature of your oil, but rather your coolant, correct?

Obviously they are related, but I'm not sure how "direct" that relationship is. I would imagine that attaching any sort of heatsink to your new pan would further help the cooling effect.

Do you have an aftermarket radiator as well? If so, I'm not sure why you would be overheating...?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Correct - OEM coolant temperature.

Koyo racing radiator with Hyper-V. i.e supposedly the best.

Cavatation of the OEM water pump is what I am guessing based off of posts from Sgt.Gator. I'll try water+water wetter this summer and see if that stops it.

He also linked a giant thread on Nasioc about it, but I haven't gone through the whole thread yet.

This only happens at high sustained RPMs in high ambient temps. Looking around, this seems to happen with Subaru motors, some run hot, some don't.

I have a plan of attack (clean AC condenser with HVAC chemicals, seal AC / Rad to better direct airflow) etc.

I don't have an oil temp gauge yet so I can't tell where the heat is coming from yet.

Archived