LegacyGT.com

Ken's 2016 Legacy 2.5i Premium Mods

So my warranty is over and time to have some fun. I have posted a few pics up in other threads but decided I would just create my own with how much I plan to do to this car. When I bought the car new I loved it but left much to be desired in the form of handling, get up and go, and the audio. I have already started with this project and will update as I complete each step. I am trying to take extra pics as I do my installs especially the audio how and where I ran wires, the custom tweeter mounts, and what not. So if anyone has questions I might be able to help.

Audio

Infinity Kappa 6x9 components front

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components rear

Infinity Kappa 10" sub

Custom box for trunk

Custom Infinity LED Logo

Infinity Kappa 4 channel Amp

Infinity Kappa One K sub amp

5 Farad cap

DS18 V5HL 5 channel pre amp

Big 3

Dynomat Doors / Trunk

redtop battery

Performance:

Nameless axleback

HPS intake

SSD front strut bar

Cusco rear strut bar

slotted rotors

ceramic breaks

20mm rear sway bar

18" Voxx Rims

1.3 Coolant cap w/ gauge

Peddle Commander

Mods:

WeatherTech deflectors

WeatherTech Trunk Mat

tan to black interior swap (some for now)

2017 Chrome Door Sills

STI Pedals

Blue extended paddle shifter cover

Blue interior chrome trim

Interior blue leds and strips

LED Reverse lights

LED Liscence plate

Engine dress up blue bolts

Seat covers

Blue Accent rubber cup holder inserts

3.6 Engine cover retrofit

Blue LED Side Mirrors

JDM Grill

OEM Fog Lights

blue chrome interior handle inserts

blue chrome door jam inserts

Chrome side mirror switch cover

Tints 35%

Rear bumper diffuser

Future Mods:

Painting parts in engine, and interior (summer)

coilovers or air suspension (next year)

Edited by KJS2023
update

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did the speakers the other day so I haven’t tried them out yet. Everything’s going to be amped so I’ll let you know. In my last 2 cars I used dynomat. When you do just the doors it is decent. One of my cars I ripped the carpet up basically put dynomat across the floor doors trunk and that made a big diff in road noise. No matter what you do there will still be noise from the glass.

—————————————————

HPS intake, SSD Front Strut bar, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Voxx 18” rims,

More to come...

PilWvv5.jpg

V9lgn5X.jpg

TEJEZO0.jpg

I just did the speakers the other day so I haven’t tried them out yet. Everything’s going to be amped so I’ll let you know. In my last 2 cars I used dynomat. When you do just the doors it is decent. One of my cars I ripped the carpet up basically put dynomat across the floor doors trunk and that made a big diff in road noise. No matter what you do there will still be noise from the glass.

Cool,let me know on your other car did it add a lot of weight and noticeable?

—————————————————

More to come...

If u plan to dynomat everything u can it will add some weight it was a 96 maxima and I put on almost every bolt on you could imagine so I made up for the weight. The doors definitely were a heavier close. The trunk when popped wouldn’t pop more then 1/2 inch w the weight. For this car I’m using their lighter series which I’m sure would do a little less for dampening the sound but our cars are heavy boats as it is. I’m not as concerned w adding weight my system will add more to the car then the dynomat. If you plan to do your speakers might as well add em to the doors. Ripping the carpet up is a big task. I only did it on the 96 cuz I replaced the carpet too. Another option is truck bed liner spray for under the carpet it’s much lighter weight I didn’t go that route afraid of over spray on screw holes and components. Always remember to pull the battery if your going to disconnect the airbag systems. If you haven’t worked with it b4 ensure you have some scrap cardboard to use as a cutting board for your pieces. When possible where gloves it can really cut up your hands. The lighter stuff I didn’t see as much of an issue with this as their original design.

—————————————————

More to come...

thought id share a few pics from the 96 Maxima had that car painted subaru world rally blue. Sadly the pics from the finished project are long lost i did a tan to black conversion in that car too.

Nrmmmoo.jpg

jmKZv7V.jpg

fED8ijr.jpg

r4YOjXM.jpg

gBbrNKG.jpg

thought id share a few pics from the 96 Maxima had that car painted subaru world rally blue. Sadly the pics from the finished project are long lost i did a tan to black conversion in that car too.

Man, that looks absolutely terrible! Are those 10” subs in the rear deck??? :spin:

The good ol days, amiright?

I had amped, BOXED set of 6X9” that I had to drop the back seats to listen to in my first car as a teen. I was worried about someone stealing them...they did sound pretty darned good! I would never have had the balls to display FOUR speakers, like that! Holy moly!

//

Red tops don’t seem to garner the same respect as they used to. If you plan on running anything while the vehicle is off, I’d opt for a deep-cycle battery instead. Better yet, keep the engine running.

I like everything you’ve done in your Subie, except for the intake. CAIs haven’t been cool in small, low-powered, pedestrian 4-bangers since the 90s.

Finally, the stock endlinks will be fine for the 20mm RSB. Just be prepared to replace the, if the stupid Allen key strips out and you’re forced to destroy the, to get them off.

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Lol right yeah it’s actually 2 6x9 speakers and 2 6.5 speakers I had the extra set and was board so I used my dremel to make the holes and used the same marine grade blue leather I used for the sub box which is a 12” to make the rear deck. You already know that it was a damn long time ago w the aftermarket cd changer in the trunk. Car clubs, meets, car shows was an awesome time back then. The stereo was able to hit 121db with clarity. I’ll say this I’ll never put that many extra speakers in a car again tuning was a nightmare.

—————————————————

More to come...

Did the intake for the little extra acceleration plus it puts a smile on my face when I’m flying down the highway. The red top was best option at the time my battery died and I had to go to work. Most likely I will go deep cycle with extra posts but prob not for some time unless I see issues. I don’t foresee myself running the system too much w the car off..... those days are over. I already got the endlinks anyways so they are going in with the bar. Thanks for the feedback w everything btw. For the record once the system is done I’m totally going to rock some 90’s tunes for the drive.

—————————————————

More to come...

Good to go then.

Are your endlinks spherical or solid? I haven’t had aftermarket links in years. I had an issue in the past with Perrin links that rattled like crazy. They seemed fine, but luckily Perrin was awesome and graciously sent me new links, which solved the problem!

'15 FB25

Good to go then.

Are your endlinks spherical or solid? I haven’t had aftermarket links in years. I had an issue in the past with Perrin links that rattled like crazy. They seemed fine, but luckily Perrin was awesome and graciously sent me new links, which solved the problem!

these are the endlinks i got from kartboy hopping they work out well. I read a lot on the topic and found a bunch of people on here use them.

IeSiCLX.jpg

Edit: They sent me the wrong ones I did find them under the right section on the site but I guess a link was wrong. karboy was great though they accepted my return without issue and paid for the return ship. I did send them some pics of the front and rear endlinks on my car. They are trying to find a 2016 by them to look at too.

Edited by KJS2023
update

You did an amazing job on your car man. I especially love what you did with your engine bay. I actually bought the same cover I plan to see if I can retro fit it on mine. I found a few cans of the subi world rally blue left over and a blank canvas of an engine bay to work with. Question on your air ride do you have to come to a stop to change height and how long does it take. I would love to get one that can have 3 settings.... stock higher, sport hight, and slammed. Follow up question is how would u rate the handling compared to using coil overs w dampening controls. Over all I need stability in the car I have a heavy foot and love to race around. With that said it would be awesome to click a button and just drop it right to the ground.

—————————————————

More to come...

You did an amazing job on your car man. I especially love what you did with your engine bay. I actually bought the same cover I plan to see if I can retro fit it on mine. I found a few cans of the subi world rally blue left over and a blank canvas of an engine bay to work with. Question on your air ride do you have to come to a stop to change height and how long does it take. I would love to get one that can have 3 settings.... stock higher, sport hight, and slammed. Follow up question is how would u rate the handling compared to using coil overs w dampening controls. Over all I need stability in the car I have a heavy foot and love to race around. With that said it would be awesome to click a button and just drop it right to the ground.

—————————————————

More to come...

Thanks.. My air setup is from Airrex they are a track proven Air System.. It has a 3 setting controller Full Up Normal and Full Down.. If your cautious you can adjust as you drive but never want to hit Full Down when moving depends on how low you have it set up.. But I adjust Normal and Full up almost every day because of speed bumps and drive ways..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There 125.00 Direct from there Website.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ve got OE links on order for $30 cheaper. I’d rather the added articulation for that price.

'15 FB25

I’ve got OE links on order for $30 cheaper. I’d rather the added articulation for that price.

I purchased the front and back endlinks for $200 figured the savings would be worth it in the end. Sticking stock in front for now. Prob add the front when I do the suspension.

—————————————————

More to come...