LegacyGT.com

Junkyard run! What parts do you need/want?

So long story short, I know some of you guys don't have a good junkyard near you and being that I have a goldmine of one near me I figured I'd extend the offer to pick up parts for people. I plan to make a whole day event out of it to pick up as much stuff as I can before I move out of state and away from the yard in May.

The yard has about 30 or so 2nd gens and just as many 3rd gens. They also have a handful of 1st and 4th gens but inventory is always changing so I'm not sure what they will have this time.

Let me know what parts you want and I'll look for them, no guarantee that they will have stuff you want but if they do then I'll buy the part for you and invoice you the price I paid plus shipping.

Here's the price guide

http://auto-parts-salvage.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/u-pull-it-prices.pdf

Most of the metal body panels are usually destroyed, missing or rusted beyond repair and I'd like to avoid shipping big things like seats/hoods.

Here's one of my favorite cars from my last parts run

IMAG1907.thumb.jpg.1c9b42c16e45e79a2c125d2454cef9a2.jpg

The sounds like a fun day!

The emergency hand brake lever mechanism is rather gummed up on my '98 wagon. Usually squirting some WD-40 down past the release button helps for a while, but the button usually starts sticking again. What would be the price for one that works smoothly and shipping to zip code 22701?

The emergency hand brake lever mechanism is rather gummed up on my '98 wagon. Usually squirting some WD-40 down past the release button helps for a while, but the button usually starts sticking again. What would be the price for one that works smoothly and shipping to zip code 22701?

Well it's not listed on their price guide so they usually just say $1-$5 for that kinda stuff. Also it's a small part so can't imagine shipping more than $6 or so. I'll keep an eye out for a good one.

I have one in my parts car if he can't source one for you. Send me a couple bucks plus shipping and I can ship it to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, if you want to make a day of it, make it a good one.

I doubt you'll find one in decent condition, but I wouldn't mind getting another retractable antenna for the GT (the one on it is bent and will no longer retract).

I've never had a power antenna before, so I'm not really sure how the assembly fits together. On mine, the antenna itself was bent so the motor turns but can't retract it and you can't retract it manually, either. I ended up pulling the plug to the motor so the antenna just stays up anyway.

If the antenna can be detached from the motor, that maybe all I need, but then again the mechanism might be damaged since the motor has been trying to retract an antenna that cant move.

If they have one and its only a few bucks, I don't mind taking a chance on it as to whether the motor works, as long as the antenna itself is retracted or doesn't appear damaged.

No biggie either way as the antenna is still functional.

I could use the retainer for the under-hood fuel filter. I've got the bracket that is bolted to the strut tower, but not the part that clips onto it and hold the filter in place. I mean, zip ties are nice, but I'd rather have the clasp or whatever it is.

I could use the retainer for the under-hood fuel filter. I've got the bracket that is bolted to the strut tower, but not the part that clips onto it and hold the filter in place. I mean, zip ties are nice, but I'd rather have the clasp or whatever it is.

That'll be an easy find, I'll be sure to get a nice quality one.

For sun roof I just need glass but I think the entire assembly would be easier to remove and install

I'll keep an eye out for it, last time I was there, they only had a handful of first gens but I didn't look at them except to see if they were the turbo versions.

If any of those gen 2's have the special dual power socket ash tray thing I'd love that! Rare option, but hey worth a shot?

They did have a 30th anniversary one which is where I got most of my white exterior parts from but I can't remember if there was much left of the interior. I will add it to the list and will grab it if I see it.

For sun roof I just need glass but I think the entire assembly would be easier to remove and install

The glass itself is relatively easy to remove. There are two covers on either side of the glass that conceal 6 nuts. Remove those 6 nuts and the glass pops out. I sold my moonroof glass on my 2nd gen a few months ago. I removed the whole assembly and found out that it would have been easier to remove those two panels and the nuts than to remove the whole assembly. Refer to the image below. The highlighted areas are what attached the moonroof to the assembly. Number 11 is the cover that needs to be removed on both sides.

http://i.imgur.com/6SdJBSi.jpg

I thought of another piece I can use. Installed a new Pioneer double DIN head unit in my wagon today and then realized I had cut away part of the radio bezel to get the last single DIN unit to fit- so if they have any radio bezels in good shape (either plain or simulated wood grain) that would be great.

So now I'm up to 3 items- parking brake assembly, power antenna, and the radio bezel.

I thought of another piece I can use. Installed a new Pioneer double DIN head unit in my wagon today and then realized I had cut away part of the radio bezel to get the last single DIN unit to fit- so if they have any radio bezels in good shape (either plain or simulated wood grain) that would be great.

So now I'm up to 3 items- parking brake assembly, power antenna, and the radio bezel.

They definitely have those in good shape so I'll surely be able to get that.

Archived