LegacyGT.com

JDM Rear Bumper for BP Wagon

Sup yall. On Monday, this happened:

pqsXBvSJuGQxE3fQbfTp6KADp_2CdaU-Tc0SRbUbVS3xtCcZjZx16RzmcReGCusswUgYAY4FNn2TZ9yhIt7BIrtsBhulON52NVBGvHlLashfwwkr_MhTDVfDm5sAxBaOCjmP-I3HdiQq4fTTXE4Fs1MAZ2_nwJcdBuPfda25FP-M8plZNG9tGHmZMdBZShPQofRbK9B86FHAU4tTsLCJiQU6cl6WlPFbR7KvdLNcC1OBh6ckb3Wj2p9M7pr2woKI8aPFYpFQrAi7JyKKwvwaINg_7-g-5nn5jUob12-1yo20zgSgP_RvQjEKze0I4LJBVIqFJCME2WO-sxiX1NHCuoGrvfyDuERFHwqKScrWMlT_TwjjZd1XQvQPpuE9jB9K1Z9E9NjOBJFkGdWvA8dFoLT6r-sylJDLUPl4JpIGanZ1MYhxKwXj8KNfJ0IiUXpfp4a4-Tidk4aKqRt4ZTCkkFa6p-7n39_DIHtnoXlK3VtIedo8ror_0gzqg1quD5nXVGsULRHQTeSgQRNLRqvcpCRlOY8WggCD6QbdzeOtxgdC6dKlZy18E5WkrHtFjyePYGJ7ObqpTzfChPr0X2WQyTDQAiuJLFbuE_-ytHCQUfMlr8sy5mWmVQ=w1369-h770-no

As the tow driver was taking my car off the flat bed, it rolled down a hill after the tow hook came out of the frame. Smashed into some small trees and timbers.

I need a new rear bumper. I found a deal on a JDM wagon rear bumper. My question is:

It includes only the bumper, what else do I need? Any brackets ETC different than USDM? If I use a sedan crash bar and foam, will it fit? I've tried searching and that's where I got the sedan CB idea from. But kinda need to know ASAP because the lead on the bumper is 10 days or so. Want to get my car fixed soon.

Thanks in advance!

Sup yall. On Monday, this happened:

pqsXBvSJuGQxE3fQbfTp6KADp_2CdaU-Tc0SRbUbVS3xtCcZjZx16RzmcReGCusswUgYAY4FNn2TZ9yhIt7BIrtsBhulON52NVBGvHlLashfwwkr_MhTDVfDm5sAxBaOCjmP-I3HdiQq4fTTXE4Fs1MAZ2_nwJcdBuPfda25FP-M8plZNG9tGHmZMdBZShPQofRbK9B86FHAU4tTsLCJiQU6cl6WlPFbR7KvdLNcC1OBh6ckb3Wj2p9M7pr2woKI8aPFYpFQrAi7JyKKwvwaINg_7-g-5nn5jUob12-1yo20zgSgP_RvQjEKze0I4LJBVIqFJCME2WO-sxiX1NHCuoGrvfyDuERFHwqKScrWMlT_TwjjZd1XQvQPpuE9jB9K1Z9E9NjOBJFkGdWvA8dFoLT6r-sylJDLUPl4JpIGanZ1MYhxKwXj8KNfJ0IiUXpfp4a4-Tidk4aKqRt4ZTCkkFa6p-7n39_DIHtnoXlK3VtIedo8ror_0gzqg1quD5nXVGsULRHQTeSgQRNLRqvcpCRlOY8WggCD6QbdzeOtxgdC6dKlZy18E5WkrHtFjyePYGJ7ObqpTzfChPr0X2WQyTDQAiuJLFbuE_-ytHCQUfMlr8sy5mWmVQ=w1369-h770-no

As the tow driver was taking my car off the flat bed, it rolled down a hill after the tow hook came out of the frame. Smashed into some small trees and timbers.

I need a new rear bumper. I found a deal on a JDM wagon rear bumper. My question is:

It includes only the bumper, what else do I need? Any brackets ETC different than USDM? If I use a sedan crash bar and foam, will it fit? I've tried searching and that's where I got the sedan CB idea from. But kinda need to know ASAP because the lead on the bumper is 10 days or so. Want to get my car fixed soon.

Thanks in advance!

I'm running a JDM Outback bumper and it used all of the same fasteners as the USDM one I took off. I used a LGT sedan beam but I wasn't able to get the foam absorber to fit so I'm running without right now. I'm pretty sure you could make it fit with some trimming though.

Also, I have an extra rubber cover for a JDM wagon bumper if you're looking for one.

I'm running a JDM Outback bumper and it used all of the same fasteners as the USDM one I took off. I used a LGT sedan beam but I wasn't able to get the foam absorber to fit so I'm running without right now. I'm pretty sure you could make it fit with some trimming though.

Also, I have an extra rubber cover for a JDM wagon bumper if you're looking for one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I got a sedan beam, but it's identical to the wagon beam. The mounts etc are identical. The foam is different, is that the only difference?

Can someone help here? Was there a change in 2008 for the sedan rear beam? Does anyone know the PN of the smaller rear beam?

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/en_b13/type_71/body_equipment_exterior/rear_bumper/

Looks like they have a beam but no foam absorber. This is for an EDM wagon which I'm assuming is the same.

Thanks, looks like they used the same beam, at least in the sketch. Did a google image search on 57712AG120 and it's identical to the the USDM beam. Def no foam there though. Thanks!

from my understanding jdm wagon do not use reinforcement beam .

just trim your beam and keep only the flat section of the aluminium beam . this is what i did .

That's what it looks like here, but the EDM wagon uses the same bumper. Do you think it'll fit with just the beam and no foam? I've directed the body shop to do what you suggest (cutting the bump-out) if need be, but I don't want to run with out a beam there.

Thanks guys, was getting in panic mode now that the information I had previously didn't work out. Will be so happy just to have the car back!

1279821709_rearbumperdiagramjapanpartscom.thumb.JPG.1db857c444b5617195459f90dace3996.JPG

I am planning to do the same mod very soon. I have had the bumper collecting dust in my garage for the past 1.5 months... I need to get it painted first.

I'll let you know what my shop does to save you some headache, hopefully

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/en_b13/type_71/body_equipment_exterior/rear_bumper/

Looks like they have a beam but no foam absorber. This is for an EDM wagon which I'm assuming is the same.

the beam does not show on japan cars exploded view?

1406616537_bp9rearbumper.thumb.png.b66bd5c783e745accea8a094fab45e00.png

we should ask Singapour menber , i forget is name , or Australian members to get under they cars ! :lol:

I'm running a LGT sedan beam under a JDM Outback bumper and the only fitment issues I had was when I introduced the foam absorber.

Right, but the JDM Outback bumper sticks out as far as a sedan, IIRC, and the main difference is the rearward (not downturned) exhaust exit. Correct? I'll look at some shots of the guy who built that monster XT, I forget his SN.

I tried a rough dry fit of the bumper on my wagon bar (identical to the sedan bar) with no foam and I can't see how it could fit. I think the AL bar will need to be trimmed somewhat.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So do you guys believe that this JDM Outback bumper (Japanparts # 107-034-S) will also fit on a 2008 USDM Outback with the other modifications you guys have discussed? I ask because Japanparts' site does distinguish the two different model year ranges for the BL/BP chassis (for looking up car models in general, not with the bumper):

Legacy 2003-05 BL/BP A-C Liberty:

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/category.php?dl=1&cm=6

Legacy 2006-08 BL/BP D-F Liberty:

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/category.php?dl=1&cm=141

I don't see any differentiation between the two model year ranges because I can't find a version of the JDM Outback bumper that's specific to "Legacy 2006-08 BL/BP D-F Liberty", so I do think it will fit on a USDM 2008 Outback. Thoughts?