LegacyGT.com

Invidia Catted DP - Concern Code?

spb

Brought my car in for inspection at a local Subaru dealer.

They are reading a "catalytic converter concern code".

No CEL or anything. They tried to reset it and drive around but it was still there. They kept it for another day to give it another go. Anyone else experience this?

Did you have the vehicle flashed after you installed the downpipe? If you did, those codes should have been "erased". What did they do to the car? If you have access to a scan tool, you can check readiness monitors.

Downpipe was installed 6 months ago. Did have Cobb OTS installed after DP install.

Reverted to stock map before bringing it to Subaru.

Subaru was doing timing belt and state inspection. I believe they tried resetting the code and then driving the car around. Not sure what else they did in attempts to fix it. No check engine light before bringing it in and they confirmed that they are not seeing CEL either.

Edited by spb

Why did you flash the ECU back to stock ?

It needs to be at stage 2 for the DP.

Load the Cobb Stage 2 map.

Only go back to stock if you removed the DP.

Thinking about it... I used to leave the custom tune in when I put the stock DP back on to pass emissions testing for the visual because my wagon was catless DP for years.

Now with a catted dp I just bring it to a testing place and it passes with the custom tune loaded.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here