LegacyGT.com

Interchangeable suspension parts

Hello Legacy fam I’m trying to find out what model Impreza or wrx suspension I can put on my 2003 Subaru L sedan. I searched around and cannot find anything specific to the model that I own. I’m trying to avoid aftermarket suspension parts because they cost a arm and a leg. If anyone of y’all could help me out that would be great. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on how far you want to go.

Nothing currently in the rear will swap from a wrx/ impreza you could swap subframes, arms and such with a a 2nd or first gen legacy or any impreza. They are comparable to impreza but you would need to keep your top hats and drill new holes for the other ones.

Front stuff should interchange pretty easy though.

First off thank you for taking the time to respond it’s very appreciated. The lengths I’m trying to go isn’t all that extreme. I am going to purchase some coil overs and lower it a inch or two and at some point down the line get a performance clutch and lighter flywheel so I just want some suspension parts to Handel all of the above and not roll so much on turns while saving as much cash as I can. That’s why I’m looking to interchange with the more sporty Subaru’s. It seems Impreza Is the obvious choice but I would love more feedback. Btw I’m a Coloradan myself so salute to you!

Sway bars could help you out with body roll in turns, stock upgrades for a L trim level would be outback rear sways or a, better but harder to find baja rear sway. The biggest stock front sway bar would be from a trifecta.

• 2 weeks later...

None of the WRX stuff will work in the rear. Your best bet is the BP chassis legacy GT or spec B stuff. You will need the top hat from that generation in the front though. Or look for JDM Bilsteins for your generation. I am running a set now on my 2000 GT. You get a bit of a drop. I think I needed to swap the top hats to make them work.

I have the Baja rear sway and it rubs on a bit of the chassis but it is much better back there.

Edited by Regardie