LegacyGT.com

Info/clock display repair

legacybb

Hi, New to here. The info/clock display in 2005 Legacy went out couple weeks ago, I have taken the clock /trip pc out yesterday, but I have no idear how to fix it. The brightness fuction still working, just the display went blank, not sure about other fuctions.Does anyone know how to repair it?

• 1 month later...
I have one for sale!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same problem with our 2005 Legacy

If I remove the unit I can make it work by flexing it a bit, so must be dodgy connection on PCB somewhere. On Forester models seems to be resistor R51 or 151 (can't remember) which can be fixed by careful soldering.

Can anyone advise where to look on the PCB or has a working one for sale

I have exactly the same problem with our 2005 Legacy

If I remove the unit I can make it work by flexing it a bit, so must be dodgy connection on PCB somewhere. On Forester models seems to be resistor R51 or 151 (can't remember) which can be fixed by careful soldering.

Can anyone advise where to look on the PCB or has a working one for sale

Here you go:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-pa-factory-clock-mileage-computer-167175.html

I have one for sale too!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 1 year later...

Hi

I believe I have found the solution to this issue. It is a dry joint just like in the Forester, I have been there and fixed that in my old ST/b. But now I have a 2003 legacy with a busted clock. This component is a bit harder to get to.

1. Pop the clock out of your dash and remove everything you can right down to the PCB, don't touch the connections on the PCB!

2. The component is under the LCD. So you have to un-solder one side of the LCD and bend it over. I suggest the side with only 4 connections.

3. The component is the R4, a surface mount resistor with "511" on top. This just fell off when I went to re-solder it so must have been dry.

4. Put it all back together without breaking anything.

Mine is still going strong after the fix. So I hope you have the same luck. Sorry to all the people trying to make money off fixing these but I believe you should have the option to give it a go yourself in true Kiwi style.

Blair

• 7 years later...