LegacyGT.com

I'm shopping for a new car and noticed the Legacy.....

I started shopping for a new car and it's been a fun and surprising experience so far. I was obsessed with the '04 Mach 1 Mustang and the '04 Audi TT 3.2. After a year or so of looking and loving the Mach 1 online and in magazines, I was finally ready to start shopping for a new car, so I test drove the Mach 1 expecting to fall in love even more and the oposite happens - I was shocked at how much I was completely disappointed. So the Mach got knocked off my list. Next came the Audi TT 3.2 - I head down to the dealersip, but they don't have one to test drive, so I speak to the sales woman and she writes down the options I want and all and tells me she'll call me later that week with the quote. I got a quote all right - a big fat one - to the tune of $559.43/mo for 48 months with $9000 down and at the end I'll owe a balloon payment or I could give the car back - like a lease. $559.43/mo - ummm NOPE - no way I am going to strap myself down on a car payment like that for a car I won't even own after 4 years. So here I was like wow that blew my two first choices right out of the water. I then remembered seeing the '05 Legacy GT at the autoshow and being impressed by it. So I am starting to do some reseach on it and hearing some very promising things. I also started to take notice at the WRX, as well as the STi (but I don't want to live with a manual for the next few years). The Legacy GT seems promising, being that it's a good balance of luxury and performance. I'm wondering if the 2 engines are similar or completely the same, with the different just being that the Legacy just has a different exhaust and has boost turned down to 13.5 psi. One thing I'd probably mod, just for a little uniqueness, would be to have the leather seats redone in a dark blue leather as well as the door inserts. I might get the seats in a two tone black/blue. I'd also probably get the Legacy in a regal blue. I been seeing pics of the Legacy with a navi, but don't see it on any options lists - what gives? You guys think that with a ECU reflash that the boost could be upped a bit? I don't want to super mod it, but I do want to tweak it a little bit, get a bit more power out of it and upgrade the interior a little more - kinda like the S4 style blue interior. What do you guys think? - Mike

I think it could look very nice. The bolsters fit different for everyone and everyone's needs, so you will have to see if those seats will be what you want to reapolster or get a set of nice Sparcos or other, though you'd lose the side airbags and seat warmers. Big :?: for me considering I AutoX and want the best possible. Within the next year there should be some decent ECU reflash potential (mostly from one or two vendors). That plus a turbo-back could very possibly be able of about 300/300 give/take a little bit. I am eagerly awaiting my order for July and I will say for the money, what we get sounds like one of the most capable, composed, all-weather cars around. I am more excited than you can imagine!

Archived