LegacyGT.com

Is Horizontal Motorsports shutting down?

Pleides

I recently moved and they're much closer to me than PRERacing, who I've been using for a few months for my tuning needs and such. I've emailed HMS a couple times without response, called them and gotten a voicemail message, and both Surgeline and PRERacing have told me that HMS is closing.

Any idea what's going on over there? Would be a real bummer if they closed right around the time I moved very close to them.

They are by appointment only last O checked. However I don't think Steve works there anymore as he is a mechanic for Wilsonville Subaru now.

How do you get an appointment with them then? I couldn't do so by phone or email.

I’d drive extra miles any day to take my car to Surgeline, just sayin’ :)

I had just gotten back from Surgeline when I posted this. I don’t have them do my tunes because I don’t have an AP. I was impressed by how fast they fixed my axle shaft seal (which is what I was in for) but a little weirded out by the fact that they had no record of ever having performed a valve adjustment on any car that’s come through their shop when I asked for an estimate. PRE can do it for me with the engine in the car (for about $400 if I recall) while Anthony told me that, given how lengthy of a job it was (he used AllData to get an idea) it wouldn’t be worth it for a high-mileage car like mine. I know that lots of people forego valve adjustments on these cars, but it seemed odd that they’d never done one. My motor has perfect leakdown (with tight valve clearances), so I don’t really want to just say “ah screw it, I’ll save my money for when the engine blows.” Anyways. I liked the shop otherwise (and they had a shop dog!) but won’t be going to them for everything for my car. I’ll be going back for sure though.

Edited by Pleides

I’ve emailed that email I think twice now with zero response. This was over a month ago with a week or two inbetween. Are they not taking in new customers?
They may have closed then. Steve Hamman was(is?) the owner but he is now a mechanic at Wilsonville Subaru.

• 3 years later...

Damn sorry to bump a dead thread but this is sad to here. Steve tuned my Subaru and as far as I can tell they closed like 3 months later. I've been trying to get some help from him because I've been told there's an issue with my tune. Guess I'll have to find somewhere else. RIP

• 3 months later...