LegacyGT.com

Hood scoop Y/N?

A friend of my has a fiber glass hood with a scoop for sale, cus he crashed his total loss. It's for my 00 LGT MT do I need it? Is it better for the intake? Or can I even buy a intake system to match the scoop? Cus 00 body type didn't have a scoop, not in the US anyways. He wants $400 I think is too much for a hood +paint!? Selling point was the only few in US

Personally, I think its pointless to trade for a hood scoop if you don't need it, thats something a ricer honda or neon kid would do...

If i was in your shoes, I would save the money and buy a stock WRX/LGT later down the road, in the meantime, get as much out of your legacy as you can...more money u can put towards a faster car later on :)

I went through this whole thought process also soon after i joined the forums. Should I buy a turbo kit? Engine swap? Sell my car and get a turbo? eventually all the urges wore off and just decided to hold onto the legacy until i need to buy a new car, then Ill get something quicker.

That's gonna cost more then what I payed for the car way more5Gs

$2500(car)+$4500(clip)+$1500(labor)=$8500(backyard RIG)

or a WRX with no mod $8500

Would you rather add a turbo then have your engine/trannsmission die?

As far as scoops on the 3rd gen legacys: I like them and I think they are about as ricey as the stock (and still useless) scoops on the 2nd gen - they're not.

I'd say go for the scoop - I just wouldn't throw a turbo under the hood without any other mods and expect good times.

Yeah ain't got no money for that anyways, just got back from mech left my car there, here's th list.

Left haft shaft $180

tranny rebuilt(out put bearing/clutch).

$455(labor)+up to $500(parts)

Rack & pinon soon( broken boot about to leek but not yet)

$600

About to be as broke as a joke.

I wanna go scoopless soooo bad (FMIC needed of course). My budddy has a scoopless STi and man that thing is a sleeper. Everyone thinks its an RS. (I think he has around 400hp too which is deadly in a sleeper) I think having a scoop is only necessary if its really functional.

Archived