LegacyGT.com

the hood scoop thread . as you wish !

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the appeal of the Legacy is its stealth and "grown up" looks, so I like the second picture more. Lets in a bit more air to cool, but doesn't scream boy racer.

Haven't looked, but I'm curious if it could dip down more to let in more air or if it'd hit something. Pretty much instead of going higher with the top of the scoop, have the bottom go lower.

I find the appeal of the Legacy is its stealth and "grown up" looks, so I like the second picture more. Lets in a bit more air to cool, but doesn't scream boy racer.

What he said ...

Haven't looked, but I'm curious if it could dip down more to let in more air or if it'd hit something. Pretty much instead of going higher with the top of the scoop, have the bottom go lower.

Not really, very little space if any on most aftermarket TMICs.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

I like the second scoop as well. Little bigger opening, but not crazy.

Found a old thread with that picture from 2010.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/subaru-legacy-stanza-bulge-bonnet-frp-hood-scoop-bl-bp-146989.html

This Stanza scoop lip looks similar

http://www.hkc-speed.com/product/stanza-hood-scoop-lip-extension-garnish-finish/

But I wouldn’t want the lip separate, rather a new piece that is similar in shape.

Edited by Infosecdad

Found a old thread with that picture from 2010.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/subaru-legacy-stanza-bulge-bonnet-frp-hood-scoop-bl-bp-146989.html

This Stanza scoop lip looks similar

http://www.hkc-speed.com/product/stanza-hood-scoop-lip-extension-garnish-finish/

that what i will go for

But I wouldn’t want the lip separate, rather a new piece that is similar in shape.

Agreed, a drop in unit like the others that have already been produced by madrig.

I like where this is going very much. I might want 2 after all....

Edited by traildogck
CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

That reverse scoop (first pic) is pretty awesome, but i fear too aggressive for a LGT, plus is it effective? Seems it would be more effective the other way... but does look freaking awesome on a hawkeye wrx.

Otherwise I really like the second pic or ajw style...

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

Count me in for the slightly larger hood scoop. I've been putting off painting/installing the extended wagon spoiler I purchased from you while debating on what type of larger scoop to get. This just made things a lot easier.

I’d vote for the second pic as well. Agree with the other comments about the benefits of our Legacy set up being more understated than a WRX style one. That said, if you can make the opening larger to provide additional airflow for us TMIC guys without going overboard, I’d get one for sure. Anything to help stay cooler at the track :)

Not really, very little space if any on most aftermarket TMICs.

Dang, I really like the 2015+ style of scoop where they made the hood pretty much flat in the scoops path, letting it go down more before the TMIC, and was what I was imagining. Looked today and even on stock you'd run into the alternator and such.

That reverse scoop (first pic) is pretty awesome, but i fear too aggressive for a LGT, plus is it effective? Seems it would be more effective the other way... but does look freaking awesome on a hawkeye wrx.

Otherwise I really like the second pic or ajw style...

That’s an ARC scoop specifically for a front mount intercooler.

I’ve always been partial to the K2 Gear Version 2 scoop.

toptuner-store_rei64241552b01

You’ll notice it’s less bulbous than the version 1 in pic #3

Dang, I really like the 2015+ style of scoop where they made the hood pretty much flat in the scoops path, letting it go down more before the TMIC, and was what I was imagining. Looked today and even on stock you'd run into the alternator and such.

the 2015 wrx is my favorite hood ! if i can put my hand on a use one ...

• 1 month later...
Legitness. Looks great, and with function. Well done sir. Edited by Sparkey
05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.