LegacyGT.com

Help please think i blew 2nd gear

05Boost

OK so last night driving home slowing down to make a turn down shifted from 3rd to 2nd under normal driving, then made a turn and popped out of gear and i hear the sound of metal getting thrown around comming from near the shifter.

Car would drive in 3rd, i slow down to the stop sign by my house put it in second and the car just revs.

So what did I do? Does it sound like i need a new transmission? Info on the car has 98k miles on it, 2005 have been stage 2 + vf52 and TMIC for about 8k miles over the past year and a month. I dont drive the car that hard been to the track once made 4 passes back in mayish.

Any help is appreciated, want to get this car back and running so i dont have to drive my purple civic any more then i need too.

Edit: Everythings been fixed and pictures are on post 19

Easiest way would be to drain the gear oil and if there is a ton of metal shavings in it.. you blew a gear. I wouldn't recommend driving the car right now since it sounds like you at the minimum killed a synchro. Where are you located? A local shop might be able to rebuild it for you and replace the broken gear and synchro.

-Franz

ehh they are alittle far. I just got AAA today for $80 and they will cover the towing to rallispec for me next wed once the plus membership goes in effect. Beats paying $140 to have the allstate people tow it and that was after the $50 discount.

Then rallispec is going to install a new 2nd, do their little service to make the gears alittle stronger and then install the helical front differential. Should make the car feel a lot better, but I might be demodding the car alittle after that.

ehh i doubt it. im 23 still living at home, so the rents know when I break my car and they just say thats because you go to the race track and have fun in snow yadda yadda yadda.

So ill eventually come out once im settled in my career and move out. Im just barely affording this now without selling my bike but i hope that sells so i can have an extra 7k to be comfortable sitting on incase anything were to happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived