LegacyGT.com

Help me pick wheels (for gold Brembos)

Hey all, I tried to get my new gold 4 piston Brembos (from a 2004 STI) installed today but the installer couldn't do it because my Kosei 17x7 wheels wouldn't fit.

I know that the original wheels for a 2004 STI are BBS and would work but they don't come up for sale very often.

So, can you help me pick some wheels for my 2006 OBXT? I'd love to get these brakes installed soon. I appreciate any help you can give!

I’m almost completely certain a 17” wheel will not fit with Brembos. Perhaps if you have a spacer it’ll fit?

wrong.

04-07 STI came with 17" wheels and brembos. you just need the right offset and spoke design. any 17" wheel that fits the 2004 STI will fit over brembos by design.

I hope so! I referred to the thread in the link I posted earlier and this was one of the wheels that was verified to fit.

I guess I'll be finding out soon enough. If they fit, the only real issue I could see is there not being a ton of room from caliper to wheel gap.

Hopefully they haven't changed the wheel design since that nasioc thread was created (i doubt it).

From the post:

General Info for the 04' USDM STi:

04' STi bolt pattern = 5x100

04' STi BBS wheels = 17x7.5_ET53__(16.5 lbs)

17” wheels:

Enkei RPF-1 = 17x8_ET45__(15.5 lbs)... (rharder)

Hope this works!

18's would have probably looked a little better but I tend to drive on crap roads (because, Nashville!) so I like as much meat on the tires as I can get.

I've done a lot of reading about this, and apparently it's not so much the offset (although that obviously matters) but the spoke design. I do know from talking with the mechanic that did (or tried to do) the installation that a 17" rim is really close to touching.

Now, what to do with the Kosei Racing wheels that are currently on the car. 3 of them are bent and will require some truing. Not sure if it's worth it to get them fixed and sell.

What do you all think?

Okay, here she is. I know it's not lowered (as is the fashion) and I know it's not a Legacy GT (close enough) but she's mine.

BTW, my wife hates the wheels. My thinking was that I was originally planning to get the gold BBS wheels from a 2004 STI but for the price of used wheels that would need some addition love (money), I can just get brand new ones.

Now I can finally get my front Brembo's installed. The new Koni inserts and new Rallitek springs were installed at the same time as the rear Brembo calipers.

fKU6BDk.jpg

PDUZQzu.jpg

Edited by Mr. Electric Wizard

The gold on gold isn't my look, but I think it's appropriate. I'm planning on putting gold Brembos on my wagon, however my wheels don't fit them, so I'll have to wait for my new wheels in a week or so here. I'm going with kind of a traditional silver finish wheel. Same color car as yours.