LegacyGT.com

HELP! 2006 LGT ej20x swap

Protegejustin19

So I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction any help is greatly appreciated. So a little back story bought this car non running with a spun rod bearing. Picked up an ej20x from a local importer for 750$. Got everything swapped in the car and ready to tune it. Currently got all the bugs worked out retarded both exhaust cams one tooth and using my stock ecu for tuning. I have my wide band hooked into the rear o2 sensor and all necessary inputs into romraider logger defs to do that. I've deleted tgvs with the jdm deletes. Removed the egt after reading a bunch of horror stories of it falling apart and flying into the turbo. So as the car sits stock tune with all necessary dtc disabled for no check engine when running, and timing down 5% in boost and wgdc max at 0. Mods are currently open 3" down pipe no cat back with Aem x series wide band in the rear o2, stock intake box stock filter(may swap to k and n ,filter only, but didn't know how much it would affect maf scaling while tuning), silicone inlet tube, gutted up pipe, aftermarket uel header, vf52 turbo just freshly rebuilt. I'm trying to tune with ecu flash and rom raider logger and staying with a maf setup. Stock fueling. How should i create a base map for this setup or will the sti mickey one in base maps for the 2.5 be a good starting point?

I've ran and logged this setup a few times I've attached a few. Thanks, Justin.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WSTIp-W_kK8-TIx9gr9ZlvJ5p6KE3pFEYQiqqq4O390/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gmHyJQ-fQwa_g7W390W1DqF8IOAX9oTKV_uCj5zlGvA/edit?usp=sharing

So I reviewed your first log, and its under WOT durring the entire log, So its going to be in open loop fueling. You AFRs are significantly lean with full load on the engine and dont start to get to where they should be until around 4700 rpms, after which point your AFR is reasonable and there also removes the studder from the RPMs seeming to climb smoothly after that. I recommend checking your CL to OL delay (at least for tuning purposes, I set this to 0 to rule out CL/OL interpolation which can cause this lean spike. Personally, I leave it set to 0 but each person has their own style).

Next, if you have the CL/OL delay disabled and it is still running lean, you need to look into your MAF scaling on everything from 2.5-4v and add more fuel here.

My first instinct is the CL/OL delay, start there.

For EGT delete, did you put the 2.2kohm resistor in the connector on the right shock tower ? or does that matter in this case ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So I reviewed your first log, and its under WOT durring the entire log, So its going to be in open loop fueling. You AFRs are significantly lean with full load on the engine and dont start to get to where they should be until around 4700 rpms, after which point your AFR is reasonable and there also removes the studder from the RPMs seeming to climb smoothly after that. I recommend checking your CL to OL delay (at least for tuning purposes, I set this to 0 to rule out CL/OL interpolation which can cause this lean spike. Personally, I leave it set to 0 but each person has their own style).

Next, if you have the CL/OL delay disabled and it is still running lean, you need to look into your MAF scaling on everything from 2.5-4v and add more fuel here.

My first instinct is the CL/OL delay, start there.

Okay I just changed that delay to 0 and will try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I deleted the codes in rom raider but I don’t know if the ecu is still trying to use egt to justify the way it runs I’ll check into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only place i see the stock ECU using EGT in its calculations is in Fueling - CL/OL Transition under CL Delay Max (EGT). which only set a max on the CL/OL delay which you already switched to 0. You should be good to go there, I wouldn't imagine you need to put a resister in.

You can 0 this out too for piece of mind.