LegacyGT.com

Have a favorite Subie shop? Post it up

boxkita

We had a thread on this, and I'm too lazy to look for it. So...

Post up your favorite shop, their location, specialty and why. I'll update this first post so everyone gets a free plug.

No bashing. If you have something constructive, fine. Otherwise, take it up with the shop directly and in person.

Paid Sponsors/Vendors:

AVO Turboworld

Shop is Auburn, WA next to Drift Office

email: orders@avoturboworld.com

http://legacygt.com/images/234_avo_banner.jpg

Rallitek

1040 SE Clinton St.

Portland, OR 97202

phone: 503-546-9209

email: sales@rallitek.com

In no particular order:

Bend, OR:

All Wheels Driven (a93x 's shop)

Kirkland, WA:

AllWheelDriveAuto

Sherwood, OR

Horizontal Motorsports

Auburn, WA:

InFront Automotive

Tacoma/Parkland, WA:

PIA (Pacific Import Automotive)

Portland, OR:

Pre Tuning (spelling?)

Seattle (Shoreline), WA

Smart Service

Bend, OR:

Subaru of Bend (shout out for Sgt.Gator's sponsor)

Portland, OR:

Superior Import Repair (caboobaroo's workplace)

Alaska:

Idaho (I know it's in Mountain West region, we still claim it because S2baru):

Edited by boxkita
update regional shops

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents garage is a pretty nice place to work. I can park my wagon sideways in the 2 car part of the garage and get it up on jackstands and do my work.

Edit: I've only ever heard good things about Horizontal Motorsports in Sherwood OR.

Edited by magnusonsubie

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

My parents garage is a pretty nice place to work. I can park my wagon sideways in the 2 car part of the garage and get it up on jackstands and do my work.

Edit: I've only ever heard good things about Horizontal Motorsports in Sherwood OR.

Really? Is your parent's garage heated? Located near me? Come stocked with tools? Willing to rent it for the next 3 months (need to do the miata after the wagon) ? :lol:

Smart Service in Shorline / Seattle, WA. I've used them for many years. They also have another shop up north in Everett, WA

They only work on Subaru's, competitive pricing and just bunch of nice guys. They recently did a 30K service on my 2012 3.6R.

smart-service.com

FTW Tuning here in Eugene, OR. Wonderful place with great guys. They've been my sponsor for a few years now, and they're always willing to help someone out.

They're a full-service, tuning shop. Specializing in Subarus and Mitsubishis (mainly just evos). But they're knowledgable with the whole automotive spectrum.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surprised Cobb - Surgeline isn't already on this list.

www.facebook.com/cobbtuningsurgeline?fref=nf

http://www.cobbtuning.com/COBB-Tuning-Surgeline-s/70466.htm

COBB Tuning Surgeline

16580 SW 72nd Ave., Portland, OR 97224

Shop Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 9am to 6pm (PDT).

Closed Sunday-Monday.

Phone: 503-670-9500

Fax: 503.296.2428

Email: surgeline@cobbtuning.com

Facebook: facebook.com/cobbtuningsurgeline

Google Places & Reviews: Google Places & Reviews

Careers at COBB Tuning Surgeline.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Saw this post on eBay:

"I was formally the engine builder and co-owner of Maxwell Power Services and have branched out on my own building performance engines. I am excited for this new venture in my professional life and look forward to meeting your Subaru needs!

Woolman Performance specializes in building performance Subaru engines. Woolman Performance knows how much you care about your Subaru and we are committed to providing you with a superior product at a reasonable price. Woolman Performance's knowledge and dedication to quality engine builds translates to well-made engines that last. Woolman Performance is owned and operated in Spokane Valley, Washington.

Below is our most popular build...."(the product description is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Short-block-EJ257-Forged-Internals-WP-Signature-Build-650-HP/251899958915?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3Df03716471a4d4962893744e4202a3941%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D301421837793&rt=nc&fol=c6cfafaf92baa6ecd9ef7b4d0dd4037eb4e109592564bce7522734fc5b5b9886&pwid=woolmanperformance

Nice to have another option in the PacNW, especially since I like racing in Spokane. Anyone have feedback on the engines they built at Maxwell Power?

Boxkita can you update the first post with all the shops in this thread? If you give me edit privileges I'll be glad to do it for you.

Edited by Sgt.Gator

Saw this post on eBay:

"I was formally the engine builder and co-owner of Maxwell Power Services and have branched out on my own building performance engines. I am excited for this new venture in my professional life and look forward to meeting your Subaru needs!

Woolman Performance specializes in building performance Subaru engines. Woolman Performance knows how much you care about your Subaru and we are committed to providing you with a superior product at a reasonable price. Woolman Performance's knowledge and dedication to quality engine builds translates to well-made engines that last. Woolman Performance is owned and operated in Spokane Valley, Washington.

Below is our most popular build...."(the product description is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Short-block-EJ257-Forged-Internals-WP-Signature-Build-650-HP/251899958915?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3Df03716471a4d4962893744e4202a3941%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D301421837793&rt=nc&fol=c6cfafaf92baa6ecd9ef7b4d0dd4037eb4e109592564bce7522734fc5b5b9886&pwid=woolmanperformance

Nice to have another option in the PacNW, especially since I like racing in Spokane. Anyone have feedback on the engines they built at Maxwell Power?

Boxkita can you update the first post with all the shops in this thread? If you give me edit privileges I'll be glad to do it for you.

I never bot an engine from them, so YMMV. However, when I was interviewing shops to do my motor I stopped by their shop in Monroe. While talking to them, a kid came in with an Impreza build they had just handed off to him the day before. It had blown up a few minutes before and the kid had limped it to the garage. We couldn't leave fast enough. I think Girodisc had one of their motors.

Yeah, I'll update the thread, as its a bit out of date at the moment. Although this is an ebay ad, not an actual shop.

Edited by boxkita

• 4 months later...

Although I do all my own maintenance and repair, there is a shop up my way that I've heard good things about.

Suburb Service in Marysville is an independent Subaru repair shop. They only do Subaru, and have Subaru loaner cars while yours is in their shop.

http://suburbservice.net/

(I am not affiliated with this business, and no one has paid me for this plug.)

• 4 weeks later...

A93x owns allwheelsdrivin... New news to me.. When did you buy allwheelsdrivin nick?.thought u just worked there. Barrett dash owns it last time I checked. The reason I got in this thread.

Cobb Tuning Surgeline, Tigard OR

English racing, Washington

Edited by cpundyk

• 2 months later...

+1 on PSI. They have a dynojet which is what NASA and our ICSCC conference prefer for dyno certificates in the ST class. They penalize you if you use a Mustang AWD dyno. (Cobb).

Great folks to deal with.

• 1 month later...

Garage 808 in Eugene.

They were primarily a Honda shop for a number of years, but they were the ones who steered me towards Subarus when I was looking for a new car. They've branched into Subarus in the last 4 years or so. They've always made sure things were done right the first time.

I've been working with them for 8 years now and wouldn't trust anyone else in town with my vehicles.

• 1 month later...

are there any reputable shops near Mukilteo?

based on the poor repair quality around here i cant recommend subaru to anyone. its down right pathetic. even carter subaru lies and doesnt know arm from leg and i have their errors in writing. flex joint in downpipe leaking? really carter? you cleaned a clean maf sensor and the stft are fine suddenly? really? it was spotless 2 days before you "cleaned" it. and it still had issues.

smart service? mukilteo and today shorline. both make errors.

all wheel drive auto? the front guy is no where near knowledgeable. he tried to argue me that the upipe doesnt have a flex joint. its funny because i have a stock split flex joint upipe in my garage. they are 1/2 and 1/2. iffy. they found my uppipe leak issue that smart service mukilteo said was my "turbo bearings". no awd auto front guy. my stock bpv is not "warped". nice lie though.

SS shoreline tried to charge me for break diagnositcs but i got nothing beyond what would be done with a free inspection. yes i know it has shakes. find out why as ive already been through a set of rotors and pads for the same issue. i told them it has shakes and knocks out the front left and right rear wheel balance. they can see misfires and they think my issue would be injectors. but the car pulled hard. its only issue is at finite throttle app but they said small misfire count around 1200 rpm. i think i may have gotten and very bad tank of gas from chevron.

i paid for hefty diagnostics and i asked fro the official subaru 02 sensor to be installed. $850 from shoreline is what i ended up paying and i dont know much more than before i even went.

yes. they are that bad.

seems im gonna have to drive to PIA for even a simple oil change.

oh. shoreline used all my gas and i got back in with the light on saying 30 miles to go. really??? you cant drop $5 and put in 2 gallons for gas when i spent 850??? it was 3/8 when i took it in.

im gonna stop for the night. its down right stupid how these service shops are.