LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their factory turbo?

As the title states...I searched a bunch of combinations of keywords and couldn't find any thread like this.

Who's got the most miles on the stock turbo for their 4th gen? Kind of like a mass game of chicken; you want to win, but at the same time, winning doesn't bode well...:lol:

Who's got what?

head over to:http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/has-most-miles-their-lgt-and-they-holding-up-over-27680.html?t=27680&highlight=long+haul

I'm on my 3rd. pulled my original at 98k. the spool had a little shaft play. pulled my second when it had 120k on it or so. it had more play on it....another 5k and it would've been bad.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

mine was on my car for 150 000 km now its on my bosses car since his vf46 died because of the stupid banjo screen filter shit thing. his died at 130 000

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

are you trying to figure out how many miles you can push it?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yea the stock turbo will last as long as it keeps getting clean oil. ..

so everyone should switch to the older non bypass oil filters!

Or this; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ons-81741.html Stage 2+, Custom tune, 18.5 psi peak boost & avg. 24 mpg.

Oil history from day1:

New. SOA filter & oil 4000 miles

1st. oil & filter change till 30k, Mobil1, 5w-30 every 6000 miles \ Fram oil

filter every 3000 miles.

Amsoil 0w-30 SSO and Amsoil Ea oil filter, Ea15k13 oil filter at 30k-73k .

At 73K, my filtration I use.http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ons-81741.html My oil system now is 7qt. I add 2-4qts over the 15k OCI.

Oil consummation hasn't change sense car was new.

Most off the shelf oil filter, filter down between 20 & 40 microns. Amsoil full-flow oil filter is 15 microns & Amsoil By-Pass oil filter is 2 microns.

This filtration system add 2qts. of oil to you motor. Which help keep the oil cooler.

My GT mileage; over 209k +, will be over 210k by the weekend.

My G\F's 05 WRX use same oil & OCI, but uses 1 single spin-on, Ea15k13 oil filter. The WRX as over 150k. I add 2-4qts over the 15k OCI.

My 07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, 2.0L DI turbo charge motor, Same oil & OCI, but No Ea filter is available. I use a WIX filter. Change oil filter only every 5k. GXP as over 84k. No oil consummation over it's 15k OCI.

In short, check you oil level often & top as needed. Use oil & filter that will protect for the OCI your running. OA's is the only way you know that yoru oil & filter is up for the challenge. After that IMO no OA's are needed.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

130,000 miles, many at over 100 mph, top since 2011 , 130 mph. Change oil and filter every 3000 miles. Stage 2 since 35,000 miles,

Top speed, 2007, 154 mph:eek: In Newfoundland on TCH:lol:

Don't need above 6,000 rpm;)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Or this; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ons-81741.html Stage 2+, Custom tune, 18.5 psi peak boost & avg. 24 mpg.

Oil history from day1:

New. SOA filter & oil 4000 miles

1st. oil & filter change till 30k, Mobil1, 5w-30 every 6000 miles \ Fram oil

filter every 3000 miles.

Amsoil 0w-30 SSO and Amsoil Ea oil filter, Ea15k13 oil filter at 30k-73k .

At 73K, my filtration I use.http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ons-81741.html My oil system now is 7qt. I add 2-4qts over the 15k OCI.

Most off the shelf oil filter, filter down between 20 & 40 microns. Amsoil full-flow oil filter is 15 microns & Amsoil By-Pass oil filter is 2 microns.

This filtration system add 2qts. of oil to you motor. Which help keep the oil cooler.

My GT mileage; over 209k +, will be over 210k by the weekend.

My G\F's 05 WRX use same oil & OCI, but uses 1 single spin-on, Ea15k13 oil filter. The WRX as over 150k. I add 2-4qts over the 15k OCI.

My 07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, 2.0L DI turbo charge motor, Same oil & OCI, but No Ea filter is available. I use a WIX filter. Change oil filter only every 5k. GXP as over 84k. No oil consummation over it's 15k OCI.

In short, check you oil level often & top as needed. Use oil & filter that will protect for the OCI your running. OA's is the only way you know that yoru oil & filter is up for the challenge. After that IMO no OA's are needed.

Mike

i would think that assembly has a over pressure bypass ?

the stock is fine imho. just the bypass that lets everything through when ever you start your car when cold needs to be removed.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Wow...so 200k+ miles on the turbo that was bolted on the car when it rolled off the showroom floor...maybe there's hope for us yet.

I'm mostly curious because we always hear about turbos essploding but never about them going the distance. It's nice to hear some positive stories once in a while :)

Our is going strong with 145k miles. No engine work yet. Wife is primary driver. She is not easy on the car but never hard either (never noticed swipes past 5000RPM with her).

We change the oil every 3k-3.5k miles with mechanic's dino fill.

Archived