LegacyGT.com

Great..it has finally occurred on my CVT, the dreaded P0700 and P2764 code.

Since I got the letter from the dealer about the CVT extended warranty... Which actually ends this month... Talk about timing....

What should I do or say when I bring it in? I did bring it in to check on the transmission before. It did stall out on me when changing gears a couple of times. Lately, it did it more frequently. Just driving out the DQ parking lot and Bam! The infamous Christmas lights on the dash.

The dash had the check engine light, traction control light on steady. The cruise control, at oil temp, and brake light we're flashing. Plus I was it manual mode, so no numbered gears, just a dash. It drives fine. Not bad for 114k on the clock.

AutoZone was able to pull the repetitive codes. It came in three.

Am I expecting to get a new transmission and torque converter from the dealer?:spin::confused:

Perhaps. I'd vote new Valve body (VB) and Torque converter (TC) .

If they're feeling generous theyll replace the cogs, and all bell housing internals.

First they should just scan the car with SSMIV and check the TCU specific codes again. Reset the TCU and perform a full CVT relearn.

Dont worry about the Christmas lights, they mean nothing, just attention grabbing beyond a DTC triggered CEL.

Its likely the TC lockup is toast, some solenoids in the VB are toast or clogged up... little else can be said without a teardown (which they wont do anyway).

Nice to know. It's funny that the car is running better. The shifts are still a little sloppy. I fear that since I have no CEL lights on, the dealer would deem it as ok and not fix the transmission. Then have any error well after the warranty being over.

I have a 2010 Legacy with the CVT. I had the stalling issue a while back (a year or so ago), and brought it into Subaru. They diagnosed it as the issue with the Torque Converter. I was told that the TC was not releasing as I came to a stop, which caused it to stall, much like coming to a stop in a manual without depressing the Clutch pedal. Considering I need my vehicle to get to and from work, I told them to go ahead with the repair, which was pricey. A few days later I received the Extended Warranty notice in the mail, and once the work was complete I mailed it to Subaru of America with a copy of the work order and was reimbursed for the work.

Only difference with mine is that I never received any Check Engine Lights and all that.

Nice to know. It's funny that the car is running better. The shifts are still a little sloppy. I fear that since I have no CEL lights on, the dealer would deem it as ok and not fix the transmission. Then have any error well after the warranty being over.

I would bring it in given that the warranty period ending soon.

Wish me luck. So far the service person mentioned a couple of times that it is over 100k mark. Plus that it would be slim to know if it still has an issue since it cleared itself. I have to pay 150 to diagnose it. If they find an issue the warranty will cover if approved. If not, I have to pay out of pocket...

Why are dealers so weird with cars you didn't buy from them? Even though the car did come from this dealer......

Wish me luck. So far the service person mentioned a couple of times that it is over 100k mark. Plus that it would be slim to know if it still has an issue since it cleared itself. I have to pay 150 to diagnose it. If they find an issue the warranty will cover if approved. If not, I have to pay out of pocket...

Why are dealers so weird with cars you didn't buy from them? Even though the car did come from this dealer......

Good thing the Extended Warranty was valid regardless of Mileage. My 2010 Legacy was over 160k miles when I had the TC replaced.

Update:

Luckily the codes are still on the ECU. They did feel the dip on drive. They want to replace the transmission vavlve body, which they had in stock. I am surprised. They have to call SOA for approval. Fluid sample and crap like that.

Good to know.

So SOA approved the repair for the valve body to be replaced. No oil sample needed. Tomorrow I will drop off and it will be done in 2 hrs.

Going to ask if there is some break in period for the part. Also if they will update the TCU.

The TC won't disengage when slowing, causing the vehicle to stall. Much like not pressing the clutch on a manual. I had my TC replaced under the warranty, though they did not service the Valve Body. They went right to the TC.

Archived