LegacyGT.com

Has anyone used the CX racing FMIC. I'm highly suspicious of it due to price. I currently have an AVO TMIC and although I'm looking at a supported turbo swap soon, I'm pretty sure it's going to only yield the 320whp range so I'm not sure if that's to the point where my TMIC will keep up (I always heard 400chp was the line for top mounts). Hopefully I didn't miss any searches or stickies.

Thanks.

My car's not a sleeper it's a hibernator.

http://pure-tuning.com

here is the only TMIC youll need lol

You may not even need to go FMIC with the GS unit. Once i get a built shortblock, I will retune with my stx71 and should easily make 400 which is my goal and keep tmic.

currently on e85 tune stock block i am making 370 to the wheels =)

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Only reason to go front mount is more consistent intake temps. Sure the GS unit keeps up at huge power levels but like every other top mount it is still susceptible to heat soak when sitting at stop lights or pit lanes if tracking.

There are considerably nicer front mounts you could go for and make a fair bit back selling the AVO top mount.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I have an AVO which on my VF46 and stock fueling made 255whp and 322wtq but unless it's a 45 degree day I spend so much time icing it down due to heat soak. Even on a 65 degree day the 20 minute drive to the track heats it up. I just gold tape wrapped it but I'm not sure if that's going to do much. I have an intercooler sprayer but it's not on. I was going to get a CO2 bottle to spray it between runs but that's more crap to lug around. My waste gate actuator rod was hitting my SPT heat shield causing issues, so I took that off. I have a PTP blanket on it and was going to slap another on top of that. I just figured if I was going to go with a bigger turbo the front mount wouldn't hurt. I just don't know much about the CX kit, unbelievable price always makes me suspicious. https://www.cxracing.com/KIT-LEGACY-B4-IC0036-L?search=subaru%20legacy%20intercooler

My car's not a sleeper it's a hibernator.

http://pure-tuning.com

I made 252whp and 346wtq @19psi on a bulletproof tmic. My air intake temps do get up in 180s here in vegas and heat soaks badly. I did PM itsme and see if he still makes fmic for our cars. I do want fmic so bad now that my car feels like an NA half the year here. Looking to track my car this fall or next year for sure. Did you switch to a FMIC yet?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Archived