LegacyGT.com

Filling squirrel finders

patrick31

I'm wondering if anybody has successfully filled the squirrel finders without removing the headlights? I can't seem to find any post of anyone doing this with the headlights still installed in the car.

I bought a HID kit from The Retrofit Source and would like to adjust or fill the squirrel finders to reduce glare. I have searched and searched, I promise. If I missed a thread, please point me to it! I did see one where a Toyota guy did it using a pencil, double sided foam, and a piece of aluminum from an aluminum can, but I haven't read of anyone duplicating his work on a Subaru. Thanks!!

Pat- 05' Outback XT Limited.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I couldn't fill them with foil or metal, but it's easy to bend them down with a small screwdriver. Did that, worked great. I had to remove the intake assembly and the battery to have access to them to work, but that's easy enough.

I did discover that my drivers side headlight had the grommet for the wiring pulled out, so that headlight assembly is full of dust, and only 1/2 as bright as the other side now. Dunno what I'm going to do about this, but the passengers side headlight is awesome! I'm sure there's no way to fix the dim headlight without removing it and taking it apart. I may just buy a new one, or a pair, dunno yet.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2804302&postcount=37

the problem with pushing the flap down is that it can bend the actual shield causing the beam to do a rising effect on the edges of it or a lowering effect. If you notice in your last picture is appears that the beam is lowering on the edges and not staying horizontally level. This could be from the bending of those down.

Archived