LegacyGT.com

Failed smog today

MiniStiGuy

So as part of moving back I have to smog of course. So all my car has is a TBE with a Cobb DP with HFC. Passed everything of course as I expected except the damn visual as the DP is not CARB approved.

So if anyone knows of places that aren't so anal about visual please let me know or hit me up if someone has a 5MT stock downpipe I can borrow to please the "Enviro-nazi's".

It's funny how it is healthier than stock yet fails, They should thank me for the part and tune personally.

Good call G. Swap them out and get it tested. Dont flash the tune if it only failed visual. Reflashing will reset the monitors. Just swap pipes, drive like grandma to get tested and swap pipes back.

NOTHING is legal in Cali any longer. You cant even get parts shipped into the state. Big part of me shutting down and closing the doors.

:bbq:

Good call G. Swap them out and get it tested. Dont flash the tune if it only failed visual. Reflashing will reset the monitors. Just swap pipes, drive like grandma to get tested and swap pipes back.

NOTHING is legal in Cali any longer. You cant even get parts shipped into the state. Big part of me shutting down and closing the doors.

I just passed smog two weeks ago with no issues didnt even know the guy at the shop I took it to. :wub:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

The strange thing is that now the car is having boost issues since that day. DAM down to .1 so I reset it and it keeps dropping to like .9 and then will go back to 1.0 at times.

Feeling wise it’s like a lag exist and some jerking at lower RPM and a drop off when in full boost. I have been meaning to get some logs but with a slipping clutch they do t mean much really. I just think it’s coincidental that I go to this place with no issues and since getting it back have the issues now. To bad I can’t afford a truck and motorcycle.

The strange thing is that now the car is having boost issues since that day. DAM down to .1 so I reset it and it keeps dropping to like .9 and then will go back to 1.0 at times.

Feeling wise it’s like a lag exist and some jerking at lower RPM and a drop off when in full boost. I have been meaning to get some logs but with a slipping clutch they do t mean much really. I just think it’s coincidental that I go to this place with no issues and since getting it back have the issues now. To bad I can’t afford a truck and motorcycle.

Coincidence?

They dont really do much when smogging the car, visually check, plug in an OBD scanner and the sniffer.

Awd drive car they dont even put on the rollers.

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Check vacuum lines for a leak. Maybe something was inadvertently tugged when the tech was performing the visual.

Dont have to worry about a reflash and monitor reset now. You will have to drive enough to reset them either way.

Yup I pulled things apart to check and don’t find anything yet. I’ll swap the stock DP on to just get the smog done for now and dig further later when I get time. I put only like 5k miles per year on the thing these days as I work from home and commute around on the motorcycle.

Also went by the dealer to grab the low side power steering inlet washer to stop it from leaking shit out all over the motor and being loud as hell when cold. I’ll test drive things tomorrow to confirm that resolution.

• 1 month later...
So, have a friend that went to get a smog check and it shows passed on everything except it failed “due to the fact that the vehicles on board computer system has not completed the emission systems self checks” I’m not sure what this means, any help is greatly appreciated.