LegacyGT.com

Electronic Chirp Sound came from dash area

Driving home tonight, trying to get on the highway, someone was coming so I yielded, came to nearly a stop, then quickly punched it as soon as that guy went by, shifted down one with my paddle shifter from 4th to 3rd to accelerate quicker, and all of a sudden when I hit the gas hard, I heard this quick electronic sounding, "boop boop" coming from dash area, no lights on dash flashed, nothing else happened just that sound. Any ideas what that was? Searched everywhere can't seem to find anything on it...

Welcome to the forum!

What kind of noise was the "boop boop" and how loud? Like a warning noise from the dash possibly? Possible drive belt slipping noise under load?

Beep Boop noises are really difficult to diagnose in person let alone on the internet.

Welcome to the forum!

What kind of noise was the "boop boop" and how loud? Like a warning noise from the dash possibly? Possible drive belt slipping noise under load?

Beep Boop noises are really difficult to diagnose in person let alone on the internet.

Hmm, it didn't sound like anything mechanical, it sounded like it was electronic. Like some type of warning noise from the dash. Wasn't ear piercing, but it wasn't soft either... I tried to recreate it but couldn't.

My wife has a 2017 Outback 2.5 and that car is always beeping different tones at random times from the dash and no warning lights come on when it beeps. I have never seen any other car that beeps as much as her Outback does. It does get annoying after a while and she wont let me shut off any of the safety features.

My wife has a 2017 Outback 2.5 and that car is always beeping different tones at random times from the dash and no warning lights come on when it beeps. I have never seen any other car that beeps as much as her Outback does. It does get annoying after a while and she wont let me shut off any of the safety features.

Hmm, the sound I heard sounds like some type of safety or warning feature, just one I've never heard before in the year and a half I've owned the car. The fact that it was in 3rd when I gunned it and the RPMs got up to about 5500, I think it was something telling me like, "Hey, look at what you're doing and correct it!" I tried recreating it but couldn't. So I honestly have no clue. I don't believe there's anything wrong with the car, but it just sparked my curiosity. And the fact no one else on the internet has seemed to report this, it makes it even weirder

If I use the padels to downshift when at a speed that would cause the engine to over rev, a noise will sound. Could be that.

Yep that was my thought. Just recreated it on my drive home tonight in the exact same situation. Gonna add that to my list of things not to do...