LegacyGT.com

ej25 fuel injector hydrolocks ej22

Okay everyone I finally got my 1991 Subaru Legacy ej22 base model build completed or my fiance after starting it up and letting her run and clearing out all the crappy gas and changing all the fluids for the drivetrain I found that it had very little power so after doing some diagnostic work I found out that one of the fuel injectors was bad it. was a white cap and from what I understand those are garbage. I went to my local salvage yard and found a 1998 Subaru Forester with an ej25 and from what I've read from 1992 to 1998 the fuel injectors are cross compatible with ej22 and eh25. I ended up removing the fuel injector slightly damaging it but it was still intact and removing the fuel injector from the in which the head sheared right off. I made a view Rookie mistakes and tried to reuse the old O-rings on the ej25 fuel injector as well as not purging the fuel from the engine. After installing the fuel injector before I plugged it in I attempted to crank it over to ensure that it didn't get blown out as I had to get separate screws to hold down the plate that covers it as the Red Cap was larger than the white cap after attempt to crank over the engine I got a single Revolution and then a loud clunk after reading up on it seems that I hydrolocked it temporarily I pulled the new fuelinjector and put the old one in Shear cap and all and was able to crank it over. I don't have the money to spend $50 on a remand fuel injector is it still possible to get this single fuel injector to work when I was looking at them the gaskets look different I was considering purging the fuel out and replacing the O-rings and I was wondering if that would work considering I've seen numerous forums about how the 92 - 98 ej22 and ej25 fuel injectors work in a 91 ej22

Archived