LegacyGT.com

eBay VF52 from Blaast Performance, anyone here have experience with them?

New 06 OBXT owner looking to swap out unknown condition VF40 with 110K miles. Not looking for big gains, the goal is to get off stock tune with stage 1. It is just going to be a 120 miles each way commuter 3 times a week.

Open to all suggestions

Thanks

Thanks @ttnio, I have an APV3 coming from @kred

Just want to start off with a "clean slate" engine wise. Timing belt, water pump, and pulleys were already done.

The original turbo is the only unknown at this time

Who are the go tos for a turbo? The one on eBay looks to be a decent rebuilt but I want to check in with you guys first.

^ what he said :) Contact JmP for one of his VF-52 builds. Impeccable quality and attention to detail, he's on point. Running his 11 blade VF-52 in my Outback daily driver and his custom 16G in my track car and couldn't be happier.

You'll need a custom tune for that vf52.

You'll want to remove the banjo filter out of the back of the passenger side head.

You'll want a catless up pipe, and 3" catted downpipe.

That combo will wake up the engine and be a reliable DD.

my vf52 has over 120,000 trouble free miles dyno tuned at 21psi. I use Amsoil 5w-40 European Classic oil and their filter.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You'll need a custom tune for that vf52.

You'll want to remove the banjo filter out of the back of the passenger side head.

You'll want a catless up pipe, and 3" catted downpipe.

That combo will wake up the engine and be a reliable DD.

my vf52 has over 120,000 trouble free miles dyno tuned at 21psi. I use Amsoil 5w-40 European Classic oil and their filter.

I think I removed my filter years ago but honestly can’t remember. Is there any drawback to removing it? Still stock turbo but I am looking for a VF52 now as well. 220K on stock turbo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issue removing the banjo filters. I've had the turbo one out for over 125,000 miles and the front one out since 154,000 miles. When the ej257 went in.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived