LegacyGT.com

Driver seat upgrade options

I would really like to upgrade (replace) my front seats on my 2005 LGT wagon. They are not very supportive or very adjustable. I drive 2 hours to and from work each day and would like to get a really sweet set of front seats.

Recaro. Sparco Ect.

I called the local Suby dealership and they told me that there is way to many electronics in my seats for me to consider swapping seats. Airbag switches, seatbelt pressure sensors and so on.

Has anybody upgraded their seats?

Does anybody have any suggestions...

Thanks...

05' LGT Wagon with 5 Spd The Coolest Mod ! :dm:

If you search there is a report of a convertion. With a proper bracket you can install e.g Recaro. It's possible to fool BIU that the airbag is there with a resistor.

Like Bulldogg says, go see a good local auto upholstery shop about some upgrades. They can change the shape of the seat a lot, including changing the shape of the frame.

I had my Katzkin kit installed by Allen's Auto Trim in Peabody, MA. They're a full service shop and can make stuff from scratch.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I would really like to upgrade (replace) my front seats on my 2005 LGT wagon. They are not very supportive or very adjustable. I drive 2 hours to and from work each day and would like to get a really sweet set of front seats.

Recaro. Sparco Ect.

I called the local Suby dealership and they told me that there is way to many electronics in my seats for me to consider swapping seats. Airbag switches, seatbelt pressure sensors and so on.

Has anybody upgraded their seats?

Does anybody have any suggestions...

Thanks...

You can talk to GOTO Racing or ICY racing and ask them how they bypass all their electronics as they replaced their seats with a Racetech / Sparco seat respectively.

I don't know what kind of support you are looking for (but Im a 160 lbs 5'8" guy and I run my car on the road track in the leather trim stock power seat and stock seat belt):

http://media.putfile.com/VIR-NORTH-INCAR

Keefe

You can talk to GOTO Racing or ICY racing and ask them how they bypass all their electronics as they replaced their seats with a Racetech / Sparco seat respectively.

I don't know what kind of support you are looking for (but Im a 160 lbs 5'8" guy and I run my car on the road track in the leather trim stock power seat and stock seat belt):

http://media.putfile.com/VIR-NORTH-INCAR

I have cloth seats that were part of the Bill Kolb GTX interior... My Brother Dtmenace has a LGT with Leather and it is much more supportive...

My seats are the worst that I have ever owned..There is little to no side support, both at the thighs and back... I can easily slide out of my seat during a nice hard turn.... The lower back support is non existant...I am also not impressed by the adjustments that I can make... My Acura Integra had much nicer seats.. I had a lot of cars in my lifetime, 93 BMW 325i , 96 M3, Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Audi ALLROAD, Audi A4, Acura Intergra...

I would compare my current seats to the Jeep Cherokee. Although the Cherokee was more cushy. I am 5'8 and have weighed between 180 and 215 during the use of these cars.

05' LGT Wagon with 5 Spd The Coolest Mod ! :dm:

Randy so those are the guys that did yours? 800.00 right? There is one in San Diego. How long did it take?

3 hours. It cost around $899 ( I got a dealer discount):icon_bigg

Worth every penny, but then again Im a cheap ass and dont mod my car at all:icon_wink

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

3 hours. It cost around $899 ( I got a dealer discount):icon_bigg

Worth every penny, but then again Im a cheap ass and dont mod my car at all:icon_wink

No way!!! 3 hours. that incredible. I thought you were going to say like a week. Wow, I'll have to give them a call tomarrow. I wonder if the would do a black grey combo? Similar to stock.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

• 2 months later...

How thick was the foam used and what softness was it? I have a local place, but would probably end up ordering the foam custom from foamonline.

I upgraded from Cloth to leather and I found that my seats were 200 times more comfortable after the switch. I also found that my seats are far more comfortable than stock leather seats.

http://www.classicsofttrim.com/

tell them Randy sent you

The leather seats are very comfortable, but unfortunately far from sporty.

I sat in a TSX today and was amazed at how much more "buckety" the seats were in that car. They were almost like my Prelude seats. In my Legacy I have to hold myself up with my elbow if I turn too sharply. This doesn't happen in the TSX.

So if I could get some TSX seats in my car for cheap cheap, I'd be a very happy camper. :)

Like Bulldogg says, go see a good local auto upholstery shop about some upgrades. They can change the shape of the seat a lot, including changing the shape of the frame.

I had my Katzkin kit installed by Allen's Auto Trim in Peabody, MA. They're a full service shop and can make stuff from scratch.

Do you have pics of the Katzkins? I'm considering them, but want to make sure they fit okay.

Archived