LegacyGT.com

How does the tan leather hold-up?

Hi all,

Ordered my first car (LGT) with tan leather interior. I was wondering how well this leather holds up over time insofar as look and feel is concerned, as well as cleanliness?

Also, any particular products to use on the leather and other materials for protection?

I thought about using a leather cleaner (not sure which) followed by a leather conditioner on the leather, and then finish it all off with AeroSpace 303 Protectant on all surfaces including door panels and other light plastics...

Just wanted to ask about this in the general forum to hear about hold up, and not just on how to detail it.

Joe

I use the Aero303 on all the dash and plastic components, as well as a little on the door seals to keep them supple.

For leather care I use Four Star Ultimate Cleaner Gel and Conditioner, and even though I have the black interior, I'm sure it would work equally well on the tan leather. I use this on the seats, shifter, steering wheel and now my custom e-brake, shifter and armrest boots. The cleaner gel really gets the grime out (you wouldn't believe how dirty the steering wheel and shift knob get). The leather conditioner keeps the leather looking and feeling great for months and has a really nice smell to it. Highly recommended.

Joe, my 05 has the taupe interior and it has held up remarkably well. The car has 52K miles on it and there is only slight wear on the outboard bloster from silding in and out of the car. I actually use windex to clean them, then some leather conditioner. If you want pics let me know.

Windex to clean leather????

Good to hear though, that it's lasting well.

Yes, it sounds harsh but it is the only thing that removes the dirt embedded in the grain. A quick spray, swirl it around with your fingers and wipe it quick with a white terry cloth. You'd be amazed at how dirty the cloth looks, even if your seat looks clean! Put conditioner on ASAP.

My buddie uses some type of paint thinner (lacquer thinner?) on his:eek:. No way Jose'!!!! Some of the dye in the leather comes off with it too.

Dude,

My wife used those alcohol-and-bleach based quick wipes on my leather steering wheel in my Civic SI....

Sure, they took a ton of grit and sweat off the leather, but I swear it's 2 shades lighter than it was.

Joe

i try not to wear dark coats made out of suede, leather or any fabric that tends to rub colors off onto the seat.

take your avg black leather coat and rub it on the wall. you'll see a black mark on the wall. same thing will happen to your seat

Dude,

My wife used those alcohol-and-bleach based quick wipes on my leather steering wheel in my Civic SI....

Sure, they took a ton of grit and sweat off the leather, but I swear it's 2 shades lighter than it was.

Joe

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Those damn bleach wipes! I mistook one for a baby wipe and wiped may ass with it:lol:. I now have blonde ass hair.:p

Archived