LegacyGT.com

Where does the BPV hose goto?

I removed the hose that goes into the BPV to connect my Tee fitting for a boost gauge. Unfortunately, I tugged the whole hose off by accident and I can't find where the bottom part of the hose connects into.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

I did this same thing last week installing my boost gauge. There is a nipple underneath the front of the intercooler, almost connected to the intake manifold. I had to unbolt my intercooler to find it. It also helps to plug the other end of the hose into the BPV to actually see how far the hose goes because that will give you an idea of where the nipple is.

The bottom picture is looking straight down from where the intercooler should be. That should help...

Does this help?

http://verticaltier.com/images/misc_posts/hose_connected.jpg

http://verticaltier.com/images/misc_posts/hose_off_1.jpg

http://verticaltier.com/images/misc_posts/hose_off_2.jpg

Thank you thank you! As you said, it was right under the intercooler. There is a BLUE t-fitting that it connected to. I also took this opportunity to zip tie them down, because they slid on like butter.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

You don't know it yet, but your problem and subsequent solution just saved you a ton of grief later. That infamous Blue T has been crippling LGT's for years. It usually blows off out on the road under boost. When that happens you think you've blown the engine or something. The car suddenly falls on its face, a CEL pops up, the car won't idle right, and the only boost you can get is WG spring pressure.

It happened to many of us, including me, on a full throttle pull. By having this minor problem now, at home where you can easily solve it, you avoided the angst of it happening out on the road somewhere.

At first I used zip ties, too, which work. But because of the consequences of those hoses ever popping off, when I installed my new turbo I went nuts on them; I used spring clamps on all three of the hose connections at that Blue T, I used super glue AND a spring clamp up at the intake manifold nipple where the center little hose terminates. THAT one is the one that pops off most. Just to make certain I used SS safety wire to wire all the clamps together and ziptied the Blue T to a nearby bracket.

Then, after I got the AVO cranked up to over 22psi ANOTHER one of those little bastards popped off anyway, it attaches to the MAP sensor, the sensor that measures manifold pressure/boost. This is the little sensor in the FRONT of the intake on a little bracket by the BCS. The hose for it pushes straight UP onto its nipple. And one more while you are at it.... the one that started it all for you, the one at the BPV. It has popped off under pressure, too. Zip tie it now while you are at it and put the whole issue to rest.

Yeah, it blew off after I put on my 20G. I had to wedge the hose to get it to stay put. This is even after zip tieing everything. It kept blowing off at the manifold. My car never had any major problems when it blew off. My BPV would not work nor would my boost gauge. I knew what it was everytime since my boost gauge went to 0:)

• 5 weeks later...

Then, after I got the AVO cranked up to over 22psi ANOTHER one of those little bastards popped off anyway, it attaches to the MAP sensor, the sensor that measures manifold pressure/boost. This is the little sensor in the FRONT of the intake on a little bracket by the BCS. The hose for it pushes straight UP onto its nipple. And one more while you are at it.... the one that started it all for you, the one at the BPV. It has popped off under pressure, too. Zip tie it now while you are at it and put the whole issue to rest.

Is there any way that you could post up some pictures of those other two hose locations to secure? I tried looking around the engine bay and zip-tied the ones underneath the TMIC, but figured there were more lurking somewhere that were prone to blowing off.

Is there any way that you could post up some pictures of those other two hose locations to secure? I tried looking around the engine bay and zip-tied the ones underneath the TMIC, but figured there were more lurking somewhere that were prone to blowing off.

Here is a picture of the MAP sensor. The little hose goes into the underside of it vertically. You can see the little spring clamp I used to secure it after it popped off on me. This is mounted on that bracket bolted to the front of the intake manifold next to the turbo inlet. The BCS is also mounted on that bracket.

The BPV hose is one of the vacuum hoses underneath the TMIC and should be clamped or ziptied ASAP even if you've never had a problem, as you've done. The end of the hose on the BPV is secure without clamping..... but one will be on there tomorrow :).

Here is a picture of the MAP sensor. The little hose goes into the underside of it vertically. You can see the little spring clamp I used to secure it after it popped off on me. This is mounted on that bracket bolted to the front of the intake manifold next to the turbo inlet. The BCS is also mounted on that bracket.

The BPV hose is one of the vacuum hoses underneath the TMIC and should be clamped or ziptied ASAP even if you've never had a problem, as you've done. The end of the hose on the BPV is secure without clamping..... but one will be on there tomorrow :).

Great info & thanks for the picture. I'll get this one secured as well just in case.

• 9 years later...

Can someone tell me what hoses should be connected to the blue tee? I have a whole bunch of mess going on it was crazy with the last owner and with me replacing all the hoses it's been that much more crazy trying to figure it out.. the color vac hose guide here did not really help because last night I was just sitting thinking where the heck is my hose that goes to the BPV? Long story short it was somehow connected to the blue tee.. so it would of been a constant recir of air from the intake to the turbo intake :lol:

Oh I think I got it.. the line from the turbo waste gate hose goes to the Blue tee Doh! I forgot that's why I had to get the smaller hose to fit the barb'ed tee fitting.

Edited by 1-3-2-4

• 1 year later...

Please view pictures - everything installed correctly - expect I don't know where this hose goes - it's coming from the bypass valve to where ... it slipped out during install and don't know where it goes back in - please, help out - any advice aside from being flamed would be cool. Thank you so much

https://imgur.com/WjdHEnc

https://imgur.com/eXUnla6

https://imgur.com/0binBPp

Edited by lowpro3210

Should be connected to the infamous blue tee. This may help

bb3b86684a640891deccc0065efade6b.jpg

holy spit! That helps tremendously - hopefully it's not FUBAR'd lol - what's your paypal address - I'll send you $5 for your help - do you have a link for that pic or post to glance through that more..