LegacyGT.com

How do you change the air filter??

How do you change the air filter without removeing half of the engine. Also do you have to buy the filter from the dealer?? Thanks for your help.

The driver's manual will tell you how(way in the back). Nobody except Subaru makes the proper paper filter. Good luck!!!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

i just installed the blitz lm filter about a week ago. the subaru manual is very helpful. except, i couldn't figure out how to disconnect the hose that's attached to the side of the box... so i just pried the box apart as much as possible and barely managed to pull the old one out and drop the new one in...

He might not have the pix that show the intake scoop is held in place by two poppits.

And, when you drop on eo fhte poppits between the radiator and front grill, do they go to the same place sox end up? I even put a mirror on a stick to look at the inside of the skid plate...

Lets be fair.

1. Remove the two popits from the intake

2. Remove the intake.

3. Loosen the clips from the airbox(about 4 of them)

4. Open the airbox while screaming obscene words

5. If 5 doesn't work loosen the screw type clamp and remove the appropriate hose and try 4 again.

Do a search for how to remove the intake silencer. Someone did a step by step walkthrough with pics of how to take out the air box and put it back in. Follow the same steps but just don't take out the intake silencer(unless you want to).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived