LegacyGT.com

any different between these manifolds? also questions about heat, many thx

first, after many readings ( thanks everyone taking time to read my stupid posts and reply me here, they always reply me within a day or so like a code team!) .. my decision is made and will pick up an elh and a #4 cylinder cooling tubing.

Since many ppl suggested gt spec here that quite fit my goal and of coz wallet, also nasioc and scoobynet. i started searching and found there are three diff brands (Agency Power, Tomei expreme, IAG perf elh and Prosport SS header ) are looked quite alike the same to me.. if they are exact the same piece, i may skip tomei with those extra cost for heatwrap that i'm not going to do it anyway.

i know we have thousands of threads that been talking about wrap vs ceramic coat vs naked... here i want to see how many ppl who just actually leaves it naked? any drawback if remain unwraped beside 200~300rpm spool sooner or +10ish whp? my goal is just mainly trying to prolong engine life instead of power, so i don't think i would rewrap it every 2~3yrs

Secondary, engine bay heat is my concern now, heatshield seems the best solution to me but i don't see anyone talk about it since most aftermarket headers dont come with heatshielf (why??) ... diy header shield, anyone pls?

beside, issue of melting underneath plastic tray, some apply insulation on the plastic, or even replace it with a huge diy pvc(?) pad or an aluminum skidpad instead ( but i don't see there is a "window" for me to do oil change?!). anyone with those naked "gt spec" elh has similar melting issue?

thanks,

oh, Happy New Years guys :)

Edited by markc0220k

still waiting for input before i pull the trigger. seariously, i know nothing execpt they'all from one manufactory.

i also heard some said tomei's quality aint like years ago (e.g. ft86 and Evo), then i went back the thread here (Header Design theroy & turbo EJ header ) that got me confused, coz reviews are quite mixed.

... so i really want to hear anyone who has it installed recently, or knows more about their info.

thanks again..

ok, i picked up tomei elh, but then i asked Cobb and asked if their ots stage2 map compatible with elh. i know i have to protune anyway, but i don't think i could make a trip to tune soon these 1~2 months due to my super tight working schedule, their answer is "It should only be used with the stock headers thanks".

again, is ots stage 2 map safe for elh? thanks

I have not heard that about ceramic coating.

You should call Tony Palo at https://www.t1racedevelopment.com/ ask him about ceramic coating the header.

You can tell Tony I said Hi. Just tell him its the owner of the yellow civic hatch single cam from back in the day. He's east of Dallas.

Byron

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here