LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to cBax: Apparently yes. I've read from the interwebs :rolleyes: that some people with auto trans have been complaining about vibration while idling when they replaced their cv axles with reman ones. The guy who posted that
earlier talked about this very issue in the comments.

Dropped the last of the Chevron Supreme this weekend. Feels nice to be running T6 again. Also picked up a six pack of the Mazda filters. Good to go for a little while again. Looking forward to a new tune revision.

to cBax: Apparently yes. I've read from the interwebs :rolleyes: that some people with auto trans have been complaining about vibration while idling when they replaced their cv axles with reman ones. The guy who posted that
earlier talked about this very issue in the comments.

Ok. Vibes at idling due to a CV sounds odd. But I'll take away from it that maybe there is an issue with the axles. It does it every time pulling into my driveway turning left, right side click click, pop. And today, it sounds like a cv. Definitely cyclical with wheel rotation. Left side makes some noise, but not as bad as right. I got my old axles, may swap the right side and see if it changes. If so, I guess I'll buy some OEMs.

On a lighter note, I installed a Kstech 73mm intake today. Whoooooooshpachoo! Still dialing it in, but feels and sounds awesome. There goes my gas mileage for the next month! Ha

Need to grab a pump soon as well and still on the fence about DW vs Walbro.

VF46 -> JMP Custom VF52 -> AVO380 -> (DOM1.5XTR)

ID1000s and DW300c, and I'm thinking about IAG fuel rails/lines and an STi FPR.

Did you run e85 on the 52?

Cant wait to hear your review.

Ok. Vibes at idling due to a CV sounds odd. But I'll take away from it that maybe there is an issue with the axles. It does it every time pulling into my driveway turning left, right side click click, pop. And today, it sounds like a cv. Definitely cyclical with wheel rotation. Left side makes some noise, but not as bad as right. I got my old axles, may swap the right side and see if it changes. If so, I guess I'll buy some OEMs.

On a lighter note, I installed a Kstech 73mm intake today. Whoooooooshpachoo! Still dialing it in, but feels and sounds awesome. There goes my gas mileage for the next month! Ha

Need to grab a pump soon as well and still on the fence about DW vs Walbro.

Are your OEM axles still in good shape but needs new boots? If yes, then do that.

But yeah, some people are skeptical about the fact that reman cv axles would cause vibration at idle on the auto subies. But apparently, it is true.

yeah. two weeks ago we were going camping. I started to see smoke coming out of the hood scoop. Pulled over. Yep, torn cv boot. Bought a new kit. 4 days later, put it on. As you said, catch it quick, get it fixed. 38$ shipped, oem boot on ebay.

Archived