LegacyGT.com

Custom Twinscroll vf37/18g hybrid Legacy GT exhaust question

Ciodice1994

First just wanted to apologize if this is in the wrong section, still new to the forum. I finally finished my custom twinscroll set up on my legacy gt and piping wise I've got tomei expreme twinscroll EQUAL LENGTH headers + uppipe, vf37/18g custom hybrid, tomioka twinscroll catless downpipe to an SPT v2 catback exhaust.

I've noticed before I did my twinscroll conversion the SPT exhaust sounded amazing and still does at high rpm (above 4500) but doesnt sound as good as it use to at idle and quiet as hell at low rpm. I knew the twin scroll conversion would affect the final sound of the exhaust note but didn't know it would kill it. The car makes great power (made 346awhp @24psi on a mustang dyno) but doesn't sound like it at all and so that raised a few questions for me.

I'd like to keep the 3" catless piping that I have from the downpipe to the catback but the SPT mufflers are what's killing the sound. Question numero uno: I've been looking into the nameless axleback muffler deletes and am wondering if they would fit the SPT Y pipe (the nameless Y pipe looks very similar)

Question 2: if they won't bolt up and work, what would be another option to delete the mufflers but retain the Y pipe so I can quickly change them if need be?

Thanks for all the help and support!

Nameless Axleback mufflers don’t have a Y pipe, they are fitted to bolt on to the OEM midpipe and Y section so the only way you would be able to determine fitment is if someone else with an SPT v2 tried the same thing.

Best option would probably get the Nameless axleback mufflers anyway and pay an exhaust shop to modify them for fitment onto the SPT v2 midpipe. Or have the exhaust shop fit other mufflers on and create flanges and hangers, etc.

Archived