LegacyGT.com

Creaky/Squeaky Seat

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my back seat squeeks. I think its like the passenger back seat, only when someones sitting in it thought, I am guessing its a spring but I have no idea. It is really annoying though when someones sitting back there, I hear it every time..

I had the same squeaky seat problem... I brought it to the dealership and they took the seat apart and lubricated it. It was at the dealership the whole day. The problem was fixed under warranty.

I too have the Same Squeaky Driver Seat And Squeaky Passenger Side Rear Seat Problem:icon_mad:..... And its driving me MAD:icon_twis!! I was expirementing with the noise in the rear passenger side and found that if i stuffed a small dust rag behind the passenger head rest -inbetween the actual seat and the metal lining stuff and it completely went away:confused:...:icon_tonghaha call me a dork but it worked and you cant see the rag!!( may not work for your legacy..each is special) as for the Drivers seat ARGGGGGG!!! i too am about 200lbs so no abuse and i just sit down and :icon_twisSQUEEEEEAAKKKK!!! havent taken into dealer, but THIS close! Anybody had driver seat replaced?:confused:

+1 for squeaky driver's side and shaking passenger seat when no one's sitting in it...squeaky seat is kinda embarassing and shaking seat is annoying when the radio is off and I just want some peace'n quiet..:(
In Taiwan now...:spin:

I have a squeaky driver seat too. The last time I brought the car in, my dealer lubricated the rails. It helped a bit, but it's still squeaks while driving over rough road surfaces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
i almost forgot i have squeaky seats until the email notification came up...

it's gone now :iam:

Hi,

what email notification? What was the problem? I took my car to multiple dealers to fix this. They either tighten everything or lubricated the rails. One dealer took that plastic panel off and put it back on and it still squeals. It even squeals when I'm getting in/out of car. I only weight 160lb.

What's the next step? Replace the rails?

Please help

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
+1 on seat squeak. Went to the dealer they replace the back and bottom frame for some reasons those frames are all rusty in a car that's not even 1 year out the dealer's lot. I have 2006 GT LIMITED. it took them 4 days to assemble the seat. good thing that dealer paid for the rental car. it has been two weeks and the squeaking came back. and it is driving me nuts. I have scheduled an appointment with the dealer again.