LegacyGT.com

Could anyone with a tape measure and a 15-19 Legacy measure something for me?

I'm driving a 2015 Legacy 2.5i Limited back home for a friend.

I was hoping to bring her grandma's coffee table back also IF it fits in the car.

I read the Cars101 page which was helpful, but I need to make the decision before we leave and I don't have anyone to measure the car since it's there.

If it doesn't fit I need to help her ship it and it needs to be arranged beforehand.

Can ANYONE help out and tell me if a coffee table would fit with the back seats down?

It's 49" long = no problem

It's 21" wide = no problem

It's 18" tall = Super close

Xrpjkn8

I just can't tell if it will fit with the distance of the bottom of the trunk opening to the top of the rear deck.

Can anyone help?

THANKS and Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

I don't think it will fit through the opening. Although the trunk itself is about 24" tall, the opening between the trunk and rear seat is only about 12" high, and the rear deck's speaker and seat belt retractor extend down a bit more.

You probably could just turn the table upside down and lay it lengthwise across the rear seat bench, however. There should be plenty of room for it loaded that way.

Something else that almost f'ed me with my 4th gen, to consider.

I got a home gym that was only like.. 11" tall, no problem for what I think is the 14" opening when I have my rear seats down. One problem. When you're sliding something into the car from the trunk and it is resting on the trunk latch area, you lose some of that height. I must have lost at least 3", because the gym wouldn't fit, until I slid it diagonal and that somehow made it work.