LegacyGT.com

considerations for big brakes and wheel clearance?

kaitanium

Looking to do a big brake upgrade in the front at some point in my car's lifetime and was wondering if there are any considerations I should be aware of when choosing wheels? How will I know if a wheel will clear a particular caliper? Or is it a guessing game?

Its not final yet but im looking to get a set of SSR GTX01 on 225/50/r18 7.5in wide, et48 (mostly stock-ish specs here). Not sure if a conservative wheel like this would clear something like a sti brembo kit upfront. Or do I need more offset or wider or more concave wheel?

If your running 18’s then you have pretty much nothing to worry about unless your putting massive brakes on. StopTech, Brembo, etc are all fine. It’s the 17” rims that can be tricky and you need to be much more careful

If your running 18’s then you have pretty much nothing to worry about unless your putting massive brakes on. StopTech, Brembo, etc are all fine. It’s the 17” rims that can be tricky and you need to be much more careful
Umm no.

Just because they are 18s doesn't mean theyll clear unfortunately. There are 16s that'll clear (rare) and 19s the don't.

It all depends on the spoke design and offset.

Take a read through the first post for an idea of what could work.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Enasioc%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D448097&share_tid=448097&share_fid=468&share_type=t

For a safe bet 2004sti rims will fit - granted you're still 5x100 lug pattern.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk