LegacyGT.com

Complete Bushing Guide for BL/BP

Complete Bushing Guide for BL/BP

This thread is a one stop shop for all of the bushing part numbers and replacement instructions for the 2005-2009 (BL/BP) Legacy.

Front Suspension

Lower Control Arm

Forward Bushing - Instructions

attachment.php?attachmentid=265715&stc=1&d=1528174416

LCA Forward Bushing Part Numbers

AVO - S2C08G1GV057T

Nolathane - REV028.0004

Powerflex (street) - PFF69-501

SuperPro - SPF3091K

Whiteline - W0506

Rearward Bushing - Instructions

attachment.php?attachmentid=253935&stc=1&d=1502334150

LCA Rearward Bushing Part Numbers

AVO - S1X03E1GV001T

SuperPro - SPF2801K

SuperPro (Caster +0.5) - SPF5112K

SuperPro (Caster +0.5 ALK - Outback Model) - SPF3094K

SuperPro (Caster + 20mm ALK) - TRC3095

PowerFlex (Street) - PFF69-505G

Siberian Bushing - B00Z9WFALI

Whiteline (Caster +0.5) - KCA334 (Adjustable)

Whiteline - W53353

Front Anti-Swaybar

SuperPro "Standard Size" - SPF3096-21K

SuperPro "18mm ID" - SPF3096-18K or SPF3096-19K

Whiteline - W0406-20G

Steering Rack - TO DO

Steering Rack Bushing Part Numbers

Avo - S1105M1GVUSAT

Energy Suspension - 19.10101g

Prothane - 16-701-BL

SuperPro - SPF2889BK

SuperPro - SPF2889K

Whiteline - KSR207

Rear Suspension

Trailing Arm (Forward Knuckle) - Instructions

attachment.php?attachmentid=265878&stc=1&d=1528677892

Trailing Arm Bushing Part Numbers

Nolathane - 46333

SuperPro - SPF3388-70K

Whiteline - W63398

Upper Control Arm - Instructions

attachment.php?attachmentid=269198&stc=1&d=1537845954

Outward (Knuckle Top) Part Numbers

SuperPro - SPF3389K

Whiteline - KCA399 (Adjustable)

Whiteline - W63397

Inward (Subframe) Part Numbers

Nolathane - REV050.0026

SupePro - SPF3390K

Whiteline - W63396

Toe Arm - Instructions

attachment.php?attachmentid=268738&d=1536987729

Outward (Bushing is in Knuckle) Part Numbers

SuperPro - SPF3392K

Whiteline - W63394

Inward (Subframe: Toe Cam Bolts) Part Numbers

Whiteline - W63395

Rear LCA (Forward) - Instructions

attachment.php?attachmentid=267072&stc=1&d=1531671811

Rear LCA Part Numbers

SuperPro - SPF3391K

Whiteline - W63393

Control Arm Kit

Whiteline Trailing Arm Kit - KTA124 - Replaces all of the lower arms, but you will still need bushings that reside in the knuckle and upper arms.

Rear Subframe

Subframe Inserts

SuperPro (Upper & Lower, for vehicles with voids in upper and lower bushings) - SPF3007K

SuperPro (Lower Only, for vehicles with solid uppers) - SPF3008K

Whiteline - KDT902

Drivetrain

Rear Differential

Void Filling Inserts - Instructions

attachment.php?attachmentid=252604&stc=1&d=1500257824

Whiteline (Rear Voids only) - KDT927

Whiteline (Front & Rear Voids, 2008+) - KDT903* (2005-07 have solid bushings for front differential mount, while 2008+ has

Rear Diff Forward (Outrigger) Bushings

Whiteline - KDT905

Rear Diff Rearward Bushings

Whiteline - KDT906

Edited by covertrussian

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

There are a few bushings that I haven't done yet, and probably wont if increases engine/driveline vibrations, for those I'll do my best to find another person's instructions and link them here.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 2 months later...

Massive massive thanks to you for this!! and the time you have spent collating this information to present this guide for me and others. Thanks to you I was able to negative through the replacement of near all of my rear suspension bushings with Superpro. I am new to Subaru, fixing Subaru's and signing upto forums. So, sorry in advance if am not supposed to go on as much as I have done.

I was fortunate enough after prying to the car gods not to have to fight with rust. I was able to use a Universal Press and Pull Sleeve Kit Bush Bearing Removal Insertion Tool Set. Which came with its own issues. The main one being not having a 33mm diameter cup for half of the smaller bushings..... doh. But that was an easy fix.

It was a great idea putting the jack under the wheel. Then winding it up to get the rear control arm to move down. I split one of my socket heads trying to get that bolt lose. Well you did warn us!, cracked me up when I did it. I did have a bit of trouble lining the bracket and the bolts back up tho. In the end I had to disconnect the rear LCA and the upper control arm outer. So I could maneuver the rear control arm bracket back up and be in line with the holes. The result of disconcerting things made it way more easier to move the arm around. Thus getting the correct aliment and not chewing the thread on the bolts going in on an angle.

I encourage any one who has not done a suspension bush upgrade on a vehicle that has 90km+ to do so. Even if you use rubber bushings am sure it will be a nice change. As for my Sedan 3.0R BLE back end characteristics where noticeably improved. Being tighter and holding its form better in turns. As well as when driving over speed bumps. You can feel the resistance against it, and it settles down faster. As for the NVH it seemed to be overall minimal. I found changing the steering bushes and front strut top mounts made more of a difference to the NVH.

Thank you again Covertrussian for this well laid out show and tell. Sorry again for the post take over.

While poking around under the rear today I noticed several bushing in need of replacement. Does anyone have the Whiteline diagram that shows all suspension bushings?

Or, like, I could search using the internet research skill I list on my resume:

bwGsXp.thumb.jpg.8c5dbaa7d280a9f45bb38e81826649f0.jpg

Credit goes to (what's that water mark???) ahh, yes, Underdog.

Edited by seanyb505

• 2 months later...

LCA Rearward Bushing Part Numbers

AVO - S1X03E1GV001T

SuperPro - SPF2801K

SuperPro (Caster +0.5) - SPF2803K

SuperPro (Caster +0.5 ALK - Outback Model) - SPF3094K

SuperPro (Caster + 20mm ALK) - TRC3095

PowerFlex (Street) - PFF69-505G

Siberian Bushing - B00Z9WFALI

Whiteline (Caster +0.5) - KCA334 (Adjustable)

Whiteline - W53353

SuperPro - SPF2801K appears to be replaced by SPF5112K

https://www.suspension.com/superpro/spf2803k

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am doing a few more rear subframe bushings and found out the following regarding a these bushings.

The bushings that mount the rear subframe to the body of the car seem to be a little hard to find, and ultimately I went with Powerflex for these and the rear diff rearward bushings.

Powerflex will tell you the subframe to body bushings will not fir the BL/BP but they do fit and they are listed on the BL/BP webpage even though its not on the diagram. Use these at your own peril

Powerflex Body to Rear Subframe Bushings: PFR69-417

elgin.owens had a few helpful posts regarding this bushing in this application here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rear-subframe-bushings-254353p2.html

I also found after the fact that energy suspension offers polyurethane bushings for this application as well: 19.4102G for black and 19.4102R for red.

These are cheaper and if you are averse to the color purple or want to deal with a company from the US (this comes up in a minute, bear with me). I happen to like purple and these are probably the most hidden bushings on the car, so color isnt a big deal.

For the Rear Diff Rearward bushings, I got the Powerflex PFR69-416, which is actually listed for the car, but I cannot recommend these bushings at the moment. These bushings, with the inner sleeve installed are about 0.010" too small on the OD. I called Powerflex here in the states and they have to forward this to the parent company in the UK before i get a response. Since all these bushings are cast, I would think that all of these, at least from the last run are the same size.

I tried the subframe to body bushing in this hole since subaru designed this bushing with the common 59.50mm housing and that one fit great, and those bushings with the sleeve installed measured 59.65 to 59.80mm

Again I am waiting to hear back from Powerflex but I would be pretty upset about this if I wasn't doing this on a spare subframe and had to get the car back together to go to work or drive my kid to daycare.

Also, quick tip for rear subframe bushings:

I used a modified version of my tried and true method to get bushings out when not using a press. The way that usually works for me is holesaw the center out from both sides, sawzall through the shell, hit the shell out. Most suspension bushings will take about 5 min each this way and use pretty normal tools.

Since the subframe bushing is so long and the center sleeve is so large, a holesaw isnt really useful. You can heat up the inside of the sleeve until the rubber starts to sizzle, push the center tube through the now slick rubber, then cut through the shell and hit it out.

Edited by mra32

I realized after a trip to my mechanic,that the (REAR) Left and Right Control Arms replacement with new ones (costing me around $95 ea. on an auto parts online shop, helped to eliminate the very typical squeaky noises on the Legacy's. A huge thank you to my mechanic for pointing out the issue. Those things (bushings) looked bad!! 🙆

• 4 months later...

I know I have posted this elsewhere in the past but I figured since this is a good location for aftermarket stuff I'd include the OE list here.

The subframe bushings are powerflex

2005-Legacy GT Comprehensive Bushing List.pdf

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

I don't think it's even close. First one I checked was LCA forward bushing. Whiteline 0506 was about $50. Equivalent OEM part (IIRC 20204AG04B) is about $8 from subarupartsforyou.

I guess choices are handling, comfort, longevity. I guess handling is first for me; I'm just not clear how much these after-market components help with that.

Hope this isn't considered a thread-jack, but people in this thread (https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/front-lower-control-arm-bushings-recommendations-and-experiencesi-261456.html) seem to like Mevotech aluminum ones from rockauto, $90 or so: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6506949&cc=1430733&pt=10401&jsn=17

convince me aftermarket suspension parts are better than discounted oem parts? What are you? 12? If you want cheapest parts, this thread isn't for you. Start your own listing all the best deals on knockoff oem parts.