LegacyGT.com

Cobb Track day and Open House August 10 & 11

enthusiast

Looks like Flatirons Tuning is organizing a drive up to Cobb and some track time at Miller sports park. Seems like it will be fun.

Link

For those not wanting to register to view the post:

Cobb Tuning is holding their annual track day and open house this year on August 10th and 11th. What this consists of is a track day on the 10th out at Miller Motorsports Park, and then an open house at the Cobb facility on the 11th.

We went last year, and had a great time. It is great to meet the Cobb folks, and see what they are working on. And Driving out at Miller isn’t too bad either.

We are definitely going to head out this year, and because we want to take some of you with us. What we would most likely do is head out on Thursday mid morning, and get to Salt Lake that evening. Stay Thursday through Saturday, and head back on Sunday.

I just got off the phone with Cobb, and they are looking for 100 cars, and each spot will most likely be $150. These will fill up fast, and they did sell out last year. I believe that any Subaru, Evo, or Mazda would be welcome, and there may be more. Last year the Subaru’s got more track time than the other makes, but since they are starting to make parts for more cars, that may change this year.

It sounds like we will be able to reserve a limited number of spots for our customers that want to make the trip down (maybe 5 or 6), and we will organize the trip so we can all drive down together, stay at the same hotel, etc.

If you are interested post here, and I will add your name to our list.

However, because space is so limited, only post if you are 100% sure you can get the time off, and you can budget the cost of the track spot ($150), Hotel (~$100/night), and all other expenses.

It sounds like we will be able to reserve some spots maybe as early as next week, so don’t wait too long if you are interested.

J. Cooley

I am totally down to go out and see this... doubt i will take my near stock LGT to the track but it would be cool to meet some of you guys hopefully some LGT owners sign up.

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

^ at the last track event, there were a few people that brought out stock cars.. heck, I even brought along a set of track pads for people that didnt come prepared. A stock car is actually easy to learn with and fun to drive on the track. I doubt anyone will drive that hard beyond the limits of the car for the very first time. No one wants to wad up their car at the track. If you can afford it, do it.. because you WILL end up kicking yourself in the pants for not driving the course and learn some really cool stuff in the process.
Keefe

• 2 weeks later...
Hell yeah! Let's party at my pad. Have a BBQ or something. I just completed my coilovers so I think it would be a blast to take it on the track...

Sweet i am down.. hit me up if ya still got my number and we will Go BBQ Crazy

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

doubt i will take my near stock LGT to the track but it would be cool to meet some of you guys hopefully some LGT owners sign up.

I took my stock Leggy out to a local track day here (my first one ever) and it was a BLAST-it was a good excuse to wear down the Potenza's, and it taught me a lot about how my car handles. I think I read on the Cobb forum they will be splitting people up by their ability/experience levels, and the Miller course looks fun. I'm actually starting to work on building a track car (in the concept stage at this point) because it's sooo much fun.

I took my stock Leggy out to a local track day here (my first one ever) and it was a BLAST-it was a good excuse to wear down the Potenza's, and it taught me a lot about how my car handles. I think I read on the Cobb forum they will be splitting people up by their ability/experience levels, and the Miller course looks fun. I'm actually starting to work on building a track car (in the concept stage at this point) because it's sooo much fun.

ability/experience = noob/noob :lol:

i might just really have to have a look see and check it out i will try and run down to Cobb later this week

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

I'm signed up. This should be a lot of fun. I just got my Megan coil overs on the car and I can't wait to take it on the track. I'll be caravaning out there with some STi's Thursday morning. I'd like to see more LGT's there.

-Jason

Sure, but everyone's got to start somewhere. Thanks though for trying to hate on me when encouraging you to enjoy your car. :rolleyes:

not hating just being honest... i will prob be there to check it all out and have fun

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

I'm signed up. This should be a lot of fun. I just got my Megan coil overs on the car and I can't wait to take it on the track. I'll be caravaning out there with some STi's Thursday morning. I'd like to see more LGT's there.

-Jason

Are you going out with some people from AWD Pirates?

Are you going out with some people from AWD Pirates?

Yeah I'll be heading out with a couple of them. One of them will be taking their car out on a flatbed trailer. So we'll be packing a lot of tools, jacks, and jack stands in case we need them. Feel free to borrow stuff if you need it on track day.

I'm not sure where we are staying yet. I'm waiting on Flatirons to see if they can get deals on a hotel. Did you have that planned out yet?

-Jason

I have not heard a thing. I would not mind going along with you if you guys don't mind one more.

I have been watching the thread over on AWDPirates and have not seen any updates on where to stay either.

Feel free to PM me and we can exchange email/phone numbers.

I have not heard a thing. I would not mind going along with you if you guys don't mind one more.

I have been watching the thread over on AWDPirates and have not seen any updates on where to stay either.

Sure you can caravan with us. We'll work out the details when the date gets closer. Let me know if you hear if Flatirons works out any deals with local hotels.

-Jason

• 1 month later...

I still owe you a set of Rota Torque center caps from the last event :lol:send me your info so i can send you a set of them.

Keefe

pics? how did everyone like Miller Sports Park? It's one THE longest tracks in the US (which will be topped soon I think)

I have pics of the canyon run... PimpFro and I were the only Legacys there. I'll start a thread hopefully soon. Miller's track is awesome. I've been there for almost every event and my dad races a Porsche out there. Once my clutch is in, I'm there!

Archived