LegacyGT.com

Cobb AP Economy Tune??? Anyone Try It?

First off, have a 05 LGT 5EAT, and I just bought a Cobb AP with some extra money I got from selling some wheels....I installed the 93 Stage1 performance Tune on the car and it runs fine. I have read that I will gain a few MPG's with this tune as long as my foot doesnt get any heavier (due to a rich factory tune)....I don't really need any more HP for the commuter driving I do, and bought the AP to more or less clean up the mapping for overall better performance. I noticed that the AP does offer an "Ecomony Tune" and ws wondering if anyone on here has tried it and if so what was their impression of it?

I.E.

1. What are the MPG benefits compared to the Performacne Tunes and the Stock Mapping Tune?

2.What are the HP/TQ differense between the Three mentioned tunes?

3. What is the driveability like with the Economy Tune? Pretty much, does it turn the car into feeling liek a turbo-less turd or not?

4. Finally, your opinion on the matter? When I don't really need anymore performance, is the MPG benefits enough to choose the Economy or if it's only 1-2 mpg difference should I just go with performance and make the car more fun??

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks in advance for any and all responses :)

I found it didn't make much of a difference. Then again, I have a hard time not boosting .

Thanks for the reply....I try to drive conservatively and only "boost" when I need to put a smile on my face or your routine Hwy merge/pass etc...So that is why Iwas figuring that maybe if Icould gain some realistic MPG's by going "Economy Tune" and still gain some performance (or at least not lose from OEM mapping) then it would be a logical way to go

On another note: when using the AP to tune or datalog, do I always have to start by plugging in the Green Test Mode connectors??? The directions were somewhat confusing to me and I just don't wanna do the wrong thing...how I read it was u have to plug the test mode connectors anytie you change a Tune, but not when datalogging or measuring performance parameters. Is this correct? Thanks in advance again!

Archived