LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport

TheMahFromTheU

Hello All -

I have an 05 LGT 5EAT. I want to buy a Cobb Accessport but in speaking with Cobb they said the accessport only works with their Intake and downpipe. I don't mind getting the Cobb Intake as well but if I get a downpipe how would that work? like Do I get with a tuner to do a map before an install of the downpipe? I just want to change my uppipe downpipe exhaust and intake. I will also look into a better TMIC.

Any advice or clarification is greatly appreciated.

If you're referring to my profile my block is built, car isn't tuned - this is why I'm purchasing an Accessport so it can be tuned. There is NO performance mods on the car. but I got my answer already. When you want to troubleshoot something I suggest you start with the actual question at hand instead of asking your own.

As far as I know the Cobb OTS tunes on the accessport are for their products. You can use other brand parts, you’ll just need to work with a tuner (there are a few good ones here) for a custom tune. Most of us would recommend that anyway. The Cobb OTS is better than stock, but still well short of a good custom tune.

As far as I know the Cobb OTS tunes on the accessport are for their products. You can use other brand parts, you’ll just need to work with a tuner (there are a few good ones here) for a custom tune. Most of us would recommend that anyway. The Cobb OTS is better than stock, but still well short of a good custom tune.

I PM'd cryo I think the guy's name is. I'll seek out others. Thanks again Infosecdad.

I know Dave from Cryo (talking with him as well) and Mike from Infamous are both very well respected for Cobb or OS tunes.

I'm an opensource guy, so I don't know much about Cobb other than what I read others talking about.

Good luck! Should be a blast when finished (are we ever finished?)

If your in NY you should contact Mike Kinsman at tuningalliance@gmail.com

IM him, he's much closer to you here in Vernon CT.

He's been keeping both my running since 2008 when I first met him.

But Dave at CYRO is the other Tuner I'd recommend.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you're referring to my profile my block is built, car isn't tuned - this is why I'm purchasing an Accessport so it can be tuned. There is NO performance mods on the car. but I got my answer already. When you want to troubleshoot something I suggest you start with the actual question at hand instead of asking your own.

Thanks for the suggestion! Here’s one for you. Don’t be a dick to someone who is potentially offering you assistance.

If your in NY you should contact Mike Kinsman at tuningalliance@gmail.com

IM him, he's much closer to you here in Vernon CT.

He's been keeping both my running since 2008 when I first met him.

But Dave at CYRO is the other Tuner I'd recommend.

Thanks Max, I'll send him an email. I PM'd cryo haven't gotten a response yet I'm guessing he's just busy.

I know Dave from Cryo (talking with him as well) and Mike from Infamous are both very well respected for Cobb or OS tunes.

I'm an opensource guy, so I don't know much about Cobb other than what I read others talking about.

Good luck! Should be a blast when finished (are we ever finished?)

Thank you sir.

I don't need your kinda help LOL. Now run along and go play somewhere else.

LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess some of us can feel that Subaru Love...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
Had a 2007 spec b taken to a tuner with a turbo off a 12-14 sti, stock exhaust cobb intake 300 at the wheels. Have a 2007 spec b with cat back, cobb intake accessport V2 gains are laughable, in addition to turbo flutter/overboost, and lack of maps, Im selling it too gimmickicky, I have a decent obd scanner and can rom raid if needed. otherwise I have the important gauges. I highly DO NOT reccomend an accessport, see a tuner. Cobb's maps are generic becase who knows what an persons mods are?

Had a 2007 spec b taken to a tuner with a turbo off a 12-14 sti, stock exhaust cobb intake 300 at the wheels. Have a 2007 spec b with cat back, cobb intake accessport V2 gains are laughable, in addition to turbo flutter/overboost, and lack of maps, Im selling it too gimmickicky, I have a decent obd scanner and can rom raid if needed. otherwise I have the important gauges. I highly DO NOT reccomend an accessport, see a tuner. Cobb's maps are generic becase who knows what an persons mods are?

I’ll try. Go ahead and sell it to someone that knows what they’re doing. You need a pro tune some other way.

Edited by fishbone

Enlighten me? Can you flash 07 map written to a 07 ecu and redlash this map or rom if you will safely to an 08, as there are subtle differences with the spec b, mostly minor. Have you have ran into a spec b IRL , let anyone even owned one? If not an an actual Tech, your input is useless. What part of my question makes me sound like I. Don't know what I'm talking about. Ok, I'm lazy I don't feel like taking the heat shield off the turbo and I'd be able to positively identify it. I was hoping there would be a quick way find out, I'm almost certain it's a VF-52. Or stictly because of bashing the Cobb fanboys?

Yes, the base tune Cobb off-the-shelf tune for an 07-09 LGT works with your Spec B, assuming it's stock. The Spec B is identical to the LGT motor-wise. What we're mostly getting at is that you seem to have misunderstood the way the AP works a bit. Sure, it comes with off-the-shelf maps, but it is also an interface that a tuner can use to make you a custom map, just like opensource alternatives. When you said you were going to sell the AP in your other thread to go opensource, it came off a little silly since you were saying you were going to sell a perfectly good custom tune interface and pay more money for a different version of the same thing.

In regards to the 'if you're not a tech your input is useless' comment, most of the folks who reply to technical questions have had these cars pulled apart. Most of us have put in motors/transes/suspensions/whatever and some have built cars from the ground up. Some of us have shops as well. Just keep that in mind. If someone gives bad advice, it will usually be corrected pretty quickly by those who actually know what's up.

Edited by awfulwaffle

Something no one has touched upon yet is have you data logged the 08? Your laughable gains could be because there is something going on you are unaware of like a massive timing pull.

I know some of this has already been said but just to reiterate. The OTS tunes are specific to a stock engine (stg1)with certain hardware upgrades (stg2) like a catted 3” down pipe. If you aren’t running the oe turbo an OTS isn’t for you. You need a pro tune. The AP isn’t like a powerchip. If you dropped in stage 2 on an oe down pipe you definitely wont have any noticeable gains. If I were you I’d pull off the heat shield and see whats there under it. Guessing won’t help as a vf52 will need a pro-tune if thats whats there. Moving over the tune from one car to another might be doable, I don’t know. But if they don’t have the same turbo and supporting mods well then you might just be joining the YNANSB crew real soon. Listen, this forum is a wealth of knowledge... read read read. Use a search engine and end your search subject with legacy gt. It’s easier than the forum search button.

I don’t think there are many Cobb fanboys here just guys who tell it like it is. You made yourself come across like a bobo by putting down a piece of equipment that actually works really well (most likely simply due to you not understanding its use). Lets move past that though. The majority of the guys here live LGT and really enjoy helping out others with what they’ve learned along the way.

What part of my question makes me sound like I. Don't know what I'm talking about.

All of it. You don’t seem to understand how a Cobb Accessport works and what it’s capable of, which is why it’s better to sell it to someone else. It’s not just a power chip. It can do a slew of parameter monitoring, act as a boost gauge, change a few parameters on the fly and most importantly data log. Data logging is the most important aspect. Have you pulled a single data log? This is coming from someone that has done extensive data logging and some level of tuning by using Accessport in conjunction with Accesstuner Race.

Ok, I'm lazy

Yes you are. Start with identifying what hardware is on your car. Better yet start pulling some data logs before you blow something up. If your Spec.B has an STi turbo it shouldn’t feel down in power. Or maybe it feels down on power because by modern standards, it’s slow.

If you are running a VF52 or an STi turbo on a VF46 tune that’s a problem.

You got two choices here. Throw money at a shop to take your Subaru and figure out exactly what it’s running, get it tuned and give you the keys back ready to go, or get involved and learn a thing or two.

You don’t seem receptive to the second part and I don’t want to derail this further so I’m out.

Edited by fishbone