LegacyGT.com

Carpets/floor deep clean

Not sure how to attack it? I have regular carpet cleaner and carpet brush but this time I want a nice deep clean. Carpets are actually in very good shape but since I bought this car it develops weird sweet smell at times. Not very offensive but I want to get rid of it anyway. So instead of spraying another layer of scented chemicals I was thinking hot water with dish fluid and horse hair brush, rinse the hell out of it with clean water, suck it out with shop vac and leave it in the sun for couple hours. Any hints anyone?

That would work. If you have a strange smell in the car then it is likely not coming from the carpets though. Your method would do a pretty good job of getting the carpets really clean, but the smell may be in the seats or somewhere else. Probably the best idea is to just pony up the $50 bucks and rent a rug doctor for a few hours and hit it with that. It will extract the water probably better than a wet/dry vac would do. Either way, as long as you are using really hot water and are able to get all the water out and give it lots of time to dry out then you will definitely have clean carpets in the end.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 1 month later...
ok, decided to rent out rug cleaning machine. I will hit the car floors and beat up carpet that my kids destroyed in family room. I have 2 choices Rug doctor and Bissel. Bissel is cheaper to rent and seems to have little better reviews online ?

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Buying or renting a machine to steam clean your carpet is not the only way to get the stains out.The chemicals and cleaning products used to deep clean a carpet can sometimes be too strong for people who have sensitivities to certain ingredients. So always use homemade products like carpet shampoo,vinegar etc.

Archived