LegacyGT.com

Car gun safe

I am looking to get a gun safe for the legacy. Anyone out there already got one for the car yet? Any good recomendations? Looking to store a S&W M&P 9c.

Thanks for the input

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

I didn't store my M&P9c in my car. I just carried it on me. Its small enough to easily conceal.

You can get any safe and bolt it to the floor or inside the trunk.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/96%20Outback/9aae5175.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
A small simple safe will do more then enough if you bolted it inside the trunk. Nobody would ever know its there (thats the most important part), and being tucked away in the back of the truck will make it difficult to pry, hammer, drill, etc

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Why is that?

Because he doesn't understand ammunition.

Car gun safe. Are you prepared for your gun to be stolen? A "safe" isnt going to keep your gun safe. It is just going to make it take longer to access.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated Too

Car gun safe. Are you prepared for your gun to be stolen? A "safe" isnt going to keep your gun safe. It is just going to make it take longer to access.

^^this.

• I Donated
i dont think i would keep a gun in my car if temps reach 100+ degrees inside my car

Why is that?

I understand that lol. I just want to hear the clown logic behind it.

It gets 100+ here in the summer. I guess I better not carry my pistol on my side then.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I have a gun safe in my car, but only so I have a place to lock my firearm up when I'm going somewhere I can't legally carry, like a school, federal building or a court house.

I use this...

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?p=SA+22665&ct=e

22665AVLG4.jpg.23f127f7d14fab4da1f52a6c61d805ef.jpg

If its bolted to the car, its not safe, as the CAR can be taken too:lol: but Ive got the same thing except mine is silver:wub: but I never considered putting it in the trunk of the sedan. I bought it specifically for the SUV/Durango (and OBXT).

As long as no one knows its there, a gun in my trunk is just as safe as a gun in a safe in the trunk. If I really wanted to just have it locked up and a hassle to steal I would loop a heavy cable lock in the trunk and just cable lock though the breech. Cable locks don't like to be cut with bolt cutters. You actually need cable cutters. Likely to take longer than a safe to take honestly, just need a little gun blankey.

nstg8r, thats exactly why I want one. Also not allowed to carry in the office.

Did you install it under a seat or in the trunk? Any pics?

It's in the trunk with the cable looped through the trunk frame. I'll take a pic for you tomorrow.

If its bolted to the car, its not safe, as the CAR can be taken too...

As long as no one knows its there, a gun in my trunk is just as safe as a gun in a safe in the trunk.

The difference is in liability and legality. If your car gets stolen and the gun is NOT secured in a gun safe, you could potentially face both civil and criminal prosecution if the gun is used in the commission of a crime. And in my case, I would definitely face departmental discipline if not dismissal.

my kimber is always on me. if i cant carry it into anyplace than its locked in my glovebox, but is never there long. if i know that i will be going some where for a good deal of the day and cant take it in with me i just leave it at home.

Who from CA said they CCW a handgun regularly? :iam:

The difference is in liability and legality. If your car gets stolen and the gun is NOT secured in a gun safe, you could potentially face both civil and criminal prosecution if the gun is used in the commission of a crime. And in my case, I would definitely face departmental discipline if not dismissal.

If you are going to go to the trouble of quoting me and replying at least read my ENTIRE post and reply to it all.:cool: I assure you, a heavy cable lock functions just fine as a breech lock.

If I really wanted to just have it locked up and a hassle to steal I would loop a heavy cable lock in the trunk and just cable lock though the breech. Cable locks don't like to be cut with bolt cutters. You actually need cable cutters. Likely to take longer than a safe to take honestly, just need a little gun blankey.

my kimber is always on me. if i cant carry it into anyplace than its locked in my glovebox, but is never there long. if i know that i will be going some where for a good deal of the day and cant take it in with me i just leave it at home.

This. I also avoid going places I can't carry.

Seems like quite a few of you carry your guns with you, that's not legal in CA without a permit. I just carry a stun gun and leave my piece at home.

not legal in NY either without a permit unless you're a peace or police officer

• I Donated Too
Seems like quite a few of you carry your guns with you, that's not legal in CA without a permit. I just carry a stun gun and leave my piece at home.

This. I also avoid going places I can't carry.

what the hell are you guys so afraid of?

You realize you're like 5 times more likely to get shot/killed than people who don't act like Wyatt Earp.

what the hell are you guys so afraid of?

You realize you're like 5 times more likely to get shot/killed than people who don't act like Wyatt Earp.

CC gives you an option

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Who from CA said they CCW a handgun regularly? :iam:

If you are going to go to the trouble of quoting me and replying at least read my ENTIRE post and reply to it all.:cool: I assure you, a heavy cable lock functions just fine as a breech lock.

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned leaving it loaded in the car. Since I use a paddle holster, I can take that off and put it in the safe with the gun still in it.

In NY, drawing a weapon from a holster is technically illegal to do in public unless you're actually using the weapon to terminate a crime or you are at a pistol range. It's also not safe or wise to do in populated areas like NYC. The only way to leave a gun in the car safely the way you described is if it's a revolver and not a semi-auto.

Archived