LegacyGT.com

Can K&N Typhoon cause 'Check Engine' light to go on?

ross6200

Not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but I installed my Typhoon intake last week, and now the check engine light is on. It didn't happen right away...it took about 2 days. It lasted for a day, then it went away. But this morning, it came back..

Along with the check engine light, my 'cruise' light is also blinking.

Can these be at all related? I thought the K&N automatically adjusted the MAF so that the check engine light would not come on and emissions would pass, etc.

Any thoughts on this before I take her to the dealer tomorrow? I don't want to risk driving any more with the check engine light on, but I also wonder if the K&N caused it?

Thanks to anyone who can help with this one!

Ok. So the K&N seems to be the culprit (no need to lol - I am new to this stuff and am just seeking advice).

So, why does the light stay on for a day and go away for a while before it comes back? And how do I keep the light off....or am I stuck with this?

Thanks everyone for your advice so far!

^^ +1 I just ditched mine after over a year of issues. Fouled my MAF after I did a rush job on a cleaning/oiling just to mention a few. PITA for what little they do.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

^^ +1 I just ditched mine after over a year of issues. Fouled my MAF after I did a rush job on a cleaning/oiling just to mention a few. PITA for what little they do.

I have had my intake for over a year and no problem. Look what you said" I fouled my MAF after I did a rush job on a cleaning /oiling" You can foul you MAF if you over oil. That is not K&N fault. You get the most if you scale it. I use open source and I don't have any problem tunning with it.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

You mean "I" don't have any trouble tuning it :lol:

Haha tuning has only one "n" :spin:

:lol: I keed, I keed

itsme=Bryan :wub:

Don't you have work in the morning?:rolleyes:

And stop telling my secret identity.:)

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Damn you and your off work wednesdays :mad:

Aren't you glad. It's your tax dollars at work.:lol: I was able to port my exhaust manifolds and put on my x-over pipe and I still have my weekend free.

Archived