LegacyGT.com

BMW 325xi kicks LGT's A$$

Hate to say it, and I hated even more to believe it but this must be said.

2 cars, identical conditions, same driveway, same garage.

LGT 5MT with Blizzak LM-25's could not make it out of the driveway, rocking back and forth. Smoking the clutch. Reving gently, reving hard. No difference. Could barely make it out of the driveway. Could not make it back up the driveway later.

325Xi with 3 year old bald Eagle RSA's 5 auto trans. Made it out of the drive with hardly a wheel spin. I couldn't believe it myself so I went back up the drive and again no problems. Hardly any spinning at all. For all you xdrive haters, this real world test is very revealing. The Xdrive and traction control kicked my LGT with Blizzaks butt, my heart is broken. I'm speechless, my wife is laughing at me. :(

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm calling it - troll.

Assuming the bmw awd system doesn't suck this is a contest of tires. Who the hell rocks a subaru in snow? Especially a turbo subaru with snow tires...

I have rocked mine in the snow when it got stuck in a whopping 4 inches of snow. That was fun when all the check engine lights came on, and I had to dig the car out. In fairness I was not driving on winter tires, but damnit my wife's FWD car made it through the same snow five minutes beforehand when I went up to the barn and got it for her.

Yeah, I'm real impressed with the Subaru AWD.

Yeah the subaru AWD that actually powers all the wheels vs something like volvo or honda that kinda tries if it feels like it and then gives up.. yeah let's all blame the subaru AWD. 4 inches? Seriously.. I've done donuts and power drifts in deeper snow.

You can think about blaming the subaru AWD when one or two wheels are spinning and you aren't moving.. Otherwise it's most likely your fault.

Archived