LegacyGT.com

The Big July 29th Red Rocks Meet!

HFSDevil

I know most people browse some of the other Colorado forums and already know about the meet, but for those who don't here is the info.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/Tasa333/ART/RedRocksSummerMeet.jpg

[Optional] GROUP CRUISE INFORMATION:

If you plan on cruising to Red Rocks w/ a group of Pirates, please be courteous && don't be late!!!

Conifer/Evergreen:

Meet at the Ponderosa Car Wash @ 8:15am. Leaving @ 8:30am.

HWY 74 & Meadows Dr.

Littleton/Highlands Ranch:

Meet at the Sonic off of C-470 & Ken Caryl @ 9:15am. Leaving @ 9:30am.

C-470 & Ken Caryl<---MAP

Lakewood/Golden Area

Meet in the Colorado Mills/Target parking lot @ 9:30am. Leaving @ 9:45.

Colfax & Colorado Mills Blvd <---MAP

North Denver Crew

Meet in the Armadillo Parking Lot @ 8:45am. Leaving @ 9:00.

104th & I-25 <--- MAP

DownTown Denver Group

Meet at the Conoco off of Auraria Pkwy next to the Pepsi Center @ 9:00am. Leaving @ 9:15.

Auraria Pkwy & 7th St. <--- MAP

Ft.Collins Group Meet @ Napa off Horsetooth @ 8AM -->[http://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23176] FoCo Caravan Thread[/url]

Boulder Hippies Boulder Caravan Information

Saudi Aurora: Meet @ Speedy Roo Pair. Between 8:30am – 9:00am. Leaving @ 9:15am

DIRECTIONS TO RED ROCKS

For those of you who do not know where Red Rocks is:

Red Rocks Amphitheatre is located in Red Rocks Park near

Morrison, Colorado, 15 miles west of Denver. Coming from

Downtown, take I-70 west to exit 259, turn left at the bottom

of the Morrison exit ramp, cruise on downhill 1.5 miles to the

Red Rocks Park entrance. Coming from south Denver, take

C-470 to the Morrison exit, turn west and follow the signs to

the Park entrances.

Map of the Park:(Click Here)

2002 Subaru Legacy L (Retired)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

There is a group dring from the Springs on some backroads in the mountains. They are meeting at about 8:30 Sunday morning. pm me for details, but it sounds like an awesome drive, and I will probably take that route there.

Last meet the LGTs were spread out, and I thought it would be fun this time to make sure we park together, both so it is easy to meet new LGT folks, and also to show some solidarity :lol:

:spin:

I'll be there, and agree that we should all try to park together. One corner usually gets parked in last (the north, I think), so we should all head there first. When you go to park, just look out for other LGT's, and try to stick together.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Hmmm, check out the Co Springs Meet/Drive thread on purates. They called it the "Deckers" route.

I agree, the North West corner, where I was parked last time, filled up later and would make a good LGT area :D

:spin:

ok, I'll check Pirates when I get home. I may just go meet up at 470 & Bowles at the Sonics and take the short cruise.

Anyone interested in a drive afterwards? My clutch is at 700miles and ready for the curvys! :D

Alotta nice cars today!!! it Sold me on possibly getting a Forrester instead of another suburban or tahoe and fixing it up. Take care guys enjoyed lunch as well today and Ill probaly make a trip or two out from Kansas to Co everycouple of months for meets and to see old friends and so she can see her parents/family ect....

*note I dont know where or how it happened as didn't hit anything i thought was bad but got home and theres a horrendous new bend/cut/scar in my front left rim and a good slice cut into my tire, so a good reminder to check out your tires!

*177miles today= 25.8mpg and that is with a pretty good amount of spirited driving.

i was there....but everyone had already left :(

I was there too... but I was the first to leave. I left by 10:05 due to having the family along with me and needed to be at a wedding on Lookout Mountain at 10:30. Still nice to meet a few of you today and glad we could leave the house an extra 15 minutes early to swing by. As I was heading out there were a couple more groups heading in up... damn impressive sight... and sounds!

I liked that Forester too... was hoping the wife was as impressed as I was with that rig but she didn't like it. Dang it. We're happy with her '04 Accord EX anyhow for a couple more years.

Next time I'll spend more than 10 minutes... really.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Good to see you all, and a few of you I didn't get to meet I hope to put a face with a screen name next time around :lol: Thanks for the lunch stop, and I find theres not much of a better way to spend an afternoon than with the company of LGT owners (which I find tends to run quite high) and the presence of your cars :lol:

.....I took the hogzaust off my car today and wow :eek:, she's soooo much quieter now..... I'll have to learn to love the sleeper stylz!

It's was just a little too droney now that I am catless. I wanted to see how it sounded. If the sleeper style doesn't grow on me I may hog one side and leave the other closed and see how I like that. I backfire a lot less now though, which I assume is better for the engine.

I have a modified zaust

I took a hanger and bent it into the shape of the flange. So one side it one hanger thick and the other side is two hangers twisted together for a double thick. It's not as loud as just washers and it directs the exhaust down instead of up onto the the underside of the car.s

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived