LegacyGT.com

BE/BH turbo Legacy 5 speed into BL/BP - compatibility question

awfulwaffle

Casually looking into trans options, since the old 5 speed in my 05 LGT is getting a little noisy and had quite a bunch of metal shavings on the drain plug when I drained and filled it last week. Still shifts fine, but the writing's on the wall.

The obvious option going forward is STI or Spec B 6 speed, but I'm not sure the power I'm targeting justifies the cost so I'm not ready to jump on that bandwagon just yet. Direct replacement 5 speeds are cheap and plentiful, but I've stumbled upon a JDM 5 speed with a front LSD, which would be nice given the trans costs about what a direct replacement would.

P/N is TY754VBBCA. Same ratios and FD as the BL/BP trans, and a likely front LSD according to the Rallispec sheet. Anyone have any experience regarding compatibility? Axles, sensors, etc? I suspect I'll have to dig into the manuals on this one, but thought I'd ask first.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Zach Fothergill (ZF Design) at thezfdesign.com in Colorado. He should have your answer. When you’re ready to have him build you a tranny, he’s your guy. Currently running his custom built STI 6 speed in my track car