LegacyGT.com

Bent Bilstein B6 strut- replace or upgrade?

Subahoon

08 3.0r - factory Bilatein B6’s. Bent the front driver strut a bit and looking to replace. Couple of questions.

1. If I go OEM can I replace just the one strut or do I have to do both of the front struts?

2. If i have to replace them both I’m thinking of replacing all 4 with B8’s - specifically the Bilstein B12 pro kit which comes with B8 struts and Eibach springs. Any thoughts on this? Are there coil overs I could buy instead that offer similar performance at a cheaper price? I want lower a bit but I want to stay with a luxury sports feel - nothing too stiff.

I appreciate all of your help.

If replacing one corner you should do the other, especially if they are stock at this mileage/age - regardless of OEM or not.

There are many threads on similar topics, but you did not give any details on your driving habits. If just daily driving, skip the coil-overs. Find the best deal on B6 you can with the stock spring.

If you're after a slightly lower ride height while maintaining a luxury sports feel, you definitely want to stay away from entry level coilovers as they won't have an single bit of luxury when it comes to ride height haha. Pairing a quality strut with a good lowering spring seems like the direction you want to go

If you're after a slightly lower ride height while maintaining a luxury sports feel, you definitely want to stay away from entry level coilovers as they won't have an single bit of luxury when it comes to ride height haha. Pairing a quality strut with a good lowering spring seems like the direction you want to go

Much appreciated. I think I’m going to just replace the one if I can get away with it and if I want a major suspension upgrade I’ll save up for the Ohlin’s.

There is also the koni inserts. I'm on stock springs and I'm happy with mine. They also do well with other/lowering springs.

So you could run stock springs now and later use lowering springs if you wanted to.

Archived