LegacyGT.com

Before and After

Here's my 2015 Legacy plain from the dealership! Then the afterwards; Added: Window Visors, Roof and deck lid spoilers, side view mirror spoiler and mud flaps! Installing the front lip spoiler over the weekend and will update the pics!

1017511639_LegacyBefore.thumb.jpg.dca3ec8f5e5d7cc75e4be7a314f63160.jpg

1935679053_LegacyAfter.thumb.jpg.691e55ceb4113f3a5cc8b5fbb801b42c.jpg

Thanks. I was hoping you found a solid lip that didn't come from japan. If I was doing a soft lip I would have installed all fit lip

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Here's my 2015 Legacy plain from the dealership! Then the afterwards; Added: Window Visors, Roof and deck lid spoilers, side view mirror spoiler and mud flaps! Installing the front lip spoiler over the weekend and will update the pics!

Aerodynamics fail.

Roof spoilers on sedans ruin the aerodynamics of the (in this case, very well designed) car. Here's why:

Although I guess you choosing those mud flaps instead of the Subaru Legacy-specific aero version means you aren't going for aerodynamics?

Edited by aotus

Who in their right mind is going for aerodynamics here in the 5th gen forums...

I don't see your point being a dick.

you mean these 6th gen legacy forums? the model without a turbo that boasts about the shift toward greater efficiency owing (in part) to dramatically redesigned contours for better aerodynamics? I could have been more delicate with my point, you're right about that - my apologies to the OP.

Edited by aotus

Everyone has their own right to their own opinion which is why I did not respond to his first post. But now that he admits at being a little harsh, I will respond. I was going for looks and not aerodynamics. There are about 7 Legacy's in my town and mine sticks out as the only one with mods. I like that part! I always get asked by the other owners where I got my mods and I gladly tell them. I'l also be upgrading the turn signals on the rear too. There is a mod from Diode Dynamics that gets rid of the orange signal and makes your LED's blink. Pretty Cool!

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone has their own right to their own opinion which is why I did not respond to his first post. But now that he admits at being a little harsh, I will respond. I was going for looks and not aerodynamics. There are about 7 Legacy's in my town and mine sticks out as the only one with mods. I like that part! I always get asked by the other owners where I got my mods and I gladly tell them. I'l also be upgrading the turn signals on the rear too. There is a mod from Diode Dynamics that gets rid of the orange signal and makes your LED's blink. Pretty Cool!

That's sick! but i don't know how people drive in your town but where I live, they're nuts! It would be cool to do something like that but I wonder if the cops would give you a hard time about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

"Side view mirror spoiler"!!?? What's that - don't see anything in the photo that stands out. Does it help any with wind noise?

<edit> took a second look - is it that tab in the upper corner of the mirror? </edit>

Edited by personatech

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

April 2016IMG_2012.thumb.JPG.f732b5e91a69aa39682da9e17d473477.JPG

Before- Stock

After-Rims, rain guards, painted grille, vinyl badges, mud flaps, installed fog lights, green wrap, Thule racks, 5% Tint, nameless performance muffler delete, Takeda cold air, ssd strut tower brace, sad alternator cover.

Edited by BeastCoast
@BeastCoast1

• 3 weeks later...
Can you give an total of cost, you have many of the upgrades I'm interested in? Did your upgrades void warranty?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm sure I could put together a list. I'll message you. As for the warranty, nothing you do technically voids your warranty short of pulling the block. In order for your warranty to be voided, if something breaks/goes wrong on your car, the dealership has to be able to prove that your modifications directly caused the failure. It takes a lot of time and effort to do that so a lot of dealerships will just honor the warranty as long as you push back if they say no.

@BeastCoast1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...