LegacyGT.com

AUDM Ltd Ed Nav - A/V In, Vid Out & Sub Line Out

atmurray

I've got an Australian MY08 Liberty/Legacy (Limited Ed. with Sat Nav) and in the audio settings I've noticed there are options to turn on/off and control the volume of a centre speaker and sub.

I've been reading up on installing a sub and from what others have said the best/only way is to hook up to the front or rear speaker outs.

I was just wondering, does the US or other Legacy models have these controls? Does anyone know why they are there if there are no centre and sub outputs?

I suspect it is either because the control panel is designed to be generic or alternatively if the Macintosh set-up (which I unfortunately don't have) has these speakers/outputs?

EDIT: I've worked it out, all documented (except centre speaker output) here

OK So I found some time to pull out my head unit.

I managed to get a pic of the back of the head unit (by the time I worked out how to get it out I was running out of day light so I didn't bother pulling the whole thing apart). Also got a pic of the model number of the head unit but haven't been able to find any information on it at all. Model number appears to be FZDA07MRHF2.

Does anyone have any info on what each of the plugs are for? Do they look like any standard Subaru or Kenwood harness anyone has experienced? Of particular interest to me is the half used white harness in the top right of the image, I'm guessing/hoping they're for other speakers perhaps. Also, any guesses as to what the unused black plug is for?

I'll really have to pull this thing apart properly and find out where all these wires go and what they're for. The interesting thing for now is that none of the harnesses look like the standard subaru audio harness.

15102008014.thumb.jpg.d7136b0ec9327d4f14d07dc36b754fab.jpg

15102008012.thumb.jpg.21d1d221b3d8e26156187231a73bc8a8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

OK so the dealer installed my Aux input only for it not to work when I got home (EDIT: He forgot to enable it by shorting two pins: see my attached diagram). The good news is that the cable installed has a variety of inputs and outputs for my unit. Including:

Audio L/R In

Video In

Video Out

Sub Out

So the news is that Subaru's with the Limited Edition Navigation pack indeed have line sub out which is controllable via the navigation interface (you can enable/disable the sub as well as vary the sub volume). However, I haven't found a centre speaker output.

These inputs and outputs are provided on the 24-pin connector on the head unit which is only partially populated in the stock models. The AUX input accessory includes an in-line patch cable which adds the extra inputs/outputs (its a forward/reverse cable similar to the sub harness that other models use). I've documented what all the pins do. Make sure you connect the two pins as labelled to enable the AUX input.

I hope this helps some people use these inputs/outputs without paying AU$200 for the aux-in cable (it really is just a cable!).

20102008022.thumb.jpg.4c614f9f7daa0edf5aac3d4b2f8aaf97.jpg

1172554911_navconnector.jpg.6df99c02f93f6a6e6262d9a396f5db2b.jpg

761631280_NavCable.thumb.png.0dfb4635ae468d660efb05bc5ac2e8e3.png

• 2 years later...

Bump with info about the center channel output...

USDM Imprezas and Foresters use a similar Navi HU. I recently learned that those do have the center channel speaker output, on pins on the 20-pin socket for the OEM iPod and satellite radio tuner accessories. The output is line-level (requires an amplifier).

See more info in post #11 of my 'Stock HU info' thread on NASIOC.

It's likely the Australian and European Legacy/Liberty/Outback sat/nav units have that too.

Here's a thread I started with info about this HU:

• 2 years later...

hi mate.

also was wondering if you could tell me what the green plug pinout plz, as iam trying to fit one of these satnav in my liberty 09 model..

thanks heaps.

OK so the dealer installed my Aux input only for it not to work when I got home (EDIT: He forgot to enable it by shorting two pins: see my attached diagram). The good news is that the cable installed has a variety of inputs and outputs for my unit. Including:

Audio L/R In

Video In

Video Out

Sub Out

So the news is that Subaru's with the Limited Edition Navigation pack indeed have line sub out which is controllable via the navigation interface (you can enable/disable the sub as well as vary the sub volume). However, I haven't found a centre speaker output.

These inputs and outputs are provided on the 24-pin connector on the head unit which is only partially populated in the stock models. The AUX input accessory includes an in-line patch cable which adds the extra inputs/outputs (its a forward/reverse cable similar to the sub harness that other models use). I've documented what all the pins do. Make sure you connect the two pins as labelled to enable the AUX input.

I hope this helps some people use these inputs/outputs without paying AU$200 for the aux-in cable (it really is just a cable!).

• 2 years later...

Archived