LegacyGT.com

Arsene's Black 2005 OBXT Build Thread

arsene

I've owned this car since November and it's the second OBXT I've had, only this time I'll be modding it.

The only thing I've done so far is plastidipped the stock wheels black - and did a poor job at that.

I'm slowly buying parts. So far I have:

-catless UP

- BC BR coilovers off a legacy. Got em for $300 and am probably going to need to buy some replacement components for them

- ARC wheels

Planning on doing suspension, then full exhaust, and then turbo and engine mods. All dependent on how much money I can save.

20180407_154300.thumb.jpg.4f7ba2cd257fa7b57999352ca7be9567.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

20180323_183853.thumb.jpg.982a80c38953f974393fad14f26e47e7.jpg

20180505_110326.thumb.jpg.412e37f07f8b3dc263ec1a00ef980325.jpg

20180505_110823.thumb.jpg.ff4b587652156fcad9d9d0ec4c0f39ca.jpg

• 1 month later...

Have been slowly buying up parts and repairing minor things.

Here's what I plan on putting on soon:

-18x8.5 +35 Arc AR02 wheels

-Invidia Catted DP

-OBX LGT Wagon Catback

-Catless UP

-BC BR extreme low Outback-specific coilovers

-Whiteline rear lateral links

Waiting on a VAG-COM cable to put the exhaust components on, and the coilovers to put the wheels on and get em fitted with tires.

Replaced my right front axle and thought I damaged a brake line in the process, tried to replace it and ended up rounding the hard brake line nut even though I used a flare wrench of the correct size. Luckily the leak that made me suspect a damaged brake hose was because the bolt had become loosened at the caliper. Tightened it up and it's good now, but if I ever need to replace that hose I'll probably need to do the hard brake line with it :(

Going to do the other front axle this weekend. Also changed drive belts, and put in a stock-style K&N air filter for the heck of it. Pictures will follow soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the BC BR Extreme Low, Outback Specific coilovers on. The adjustability is great, I'm on 10 clicks from full firm and it's pretty perfect. Full firm is a bit much, especially after a full meal lol.

Before:

attachment.php?attachmentid=267233&stc=1&d=1532037284

After:

attachment.php?attachmentid=267231&stc=1&d=1532037136

Planning on mounting tires on different wheels and installing the go-fast bits and flashing my tune from IAtuning in the next two weeks, so excited!

A20180719_123245.thumb.jpg.54dfb9a1bf3209f1584318e767176ca0.jpg

A1344846916.thumb.jpg.3722421d81806084943b325e5c8024bd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks great compared to the factory height. I am looking to do the same to my 06 OB. Once you installed the OB specific BC's was there anything else involved in the rear suspension that you needed to do besides remove the factory bump stops? I am not sure after reading on here it seems that the rear upper control arms may be an issue. I know you need a four wheel alignment after they are on though. Thanks..

Do you wear a big gold chain when you drive it to match your wheels? ;)

Nice looking car, but from the bottom picture, you need to spend less time on your car and more on your lawn. :hide:

Finally made some real progress.

Put 18x8.5 +30 Arc 02 wheels with 215/45/18 Nokian zLine a/s tires.1ac356afd6eb840f7770adc28684333c.jpg05b5a16a122b7e03eed3fa95a637a812.jpga2800916b9c4f6d11c4a51a01602a5b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks great compared to the factory height. I am looking to do the same to my 06 OB. Once you installed the OB specific BC's was there anything else involved in the rear suspension that you needed to do besides remove the factory bump stops? I am not sure after reading on here it seems that the rear upper control arms may be an issue. I know you need a four wheel alignment after they are on though. Thanks..
Thanks. It does look great, so much less if a soccer mom look lol. I'm installing whiteline rear lateral links and removing my bump stops in 2 days. Installed the lower links myself but am having Subaru install the uppers. Couldn't get good leverage on the upper link adjustment bolt. I've been driving as is, stock everything else, for a bit and it's been fine though I wouldnt recommend it because it puts more stress on suspension and tires.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Do you wear a big gold chain when you drive it to match your wheels? ;)

Nice looking car, but from the bottom picture, you need to spend less time on your car and more on your lawn. :hide:

Hahaha nope. Funnily I avoided fully gold wheels because I wanted to avoid that style, but decided on some bronze trim instead. Looks like it still gave it a gangster sort of look lol. Oh well.

I knew I'd get called out on my lawn! Thise were some items that were on there way to be disposed of, it's better now [emoji4]

Did you need to; use any spacers in the back, swap lgt upper control arms or just cut down/remove rear bump stops, spring rates f/r and how low did set the coilovers f/r?

Thanks

Nope none of that just the coilovers but am adding whiteline rear links and removing the bump stops soon. Spring are default, 6k/8k. I think I have them each like 2cm under the max for the extreme lows. Went as low as my jack could still get under. Going to make or buy some ramps today to go lower. I'll be adjusting them for that and take some more precise measurements.

I'll also mention there's slight rubbing at full lock, like in parking lots, but nothing consistent. Might be once I lower it more.

Hahaha nope. Funnily I avoided fully gold wheels because I wanted to avoid that style, but decided on some bronze trim instead. Looks like it still gave it a gangster sort of look lol. Oh well.

I knew I'd get called out on my lawn! Thise were some items that were on there way to be disposed of, it's better now [emoji4]

I had a GRP LGT wagon until last year. When I bought it I didn't know anything about mods until I found this forum. I think the turbo Outback when painted a single color is a more aggressive looking car, but standard ride height of the Outback is not my thing. If I had known about the Outback turbo and the opportunity to lower it, I might've done that instead. But I would've had to rid the car of the standard roof rails. Waaaay not fast looking. I would've switched them out for the LGT wagon rails.

I had a GRP LGT wagon until last year. When I bought it I didn't know anything about mods until I found this forum. I think the turbo Outback when painted a single color is a more aggressive looking car, but standard ride height of the Outback is not my thing. If I had known about the Outback turbo and the opportunity to lower it, I might've done that instead. But I would've had to rid the car of the standard roof rails. Waaaay not fast looking. I would've switched them out for the LGT wagon rails.
Haha yeah stock Outbacks height is pretty ugly. They really do look best lowered and one color. Because then they look like a Legacy wagon! Lol. Yeah I want to replace the rails at some point.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived