LegacyGT.com

anyone got kakimoto twin center pipes?

Are those for a BR9? I missed seeing it on the YahooJp link, or the Kakimoto link there.

Will those fit your bumper cut outs? Our OE bumpers are cut for a pair of single pipes.

You would need something like the Tommykaira bumper to fit those on your car.

The link is for the impreza because I couldn't find a good picture for the br9.

Im sure the sti br9 has the same back bumper and that has twin tail pipes.

Im more interested in the center pipes.

My br9 is so quiet I would like to add a few more bd. I was thinking custom make the center pipes and maybe delete the little boxes. So I get some extra noise but no drone

The BR9 tS has the standard rear bumper. It has quad pipes but they are teeny tiny to fit the stock bumper cut outs.

OE single center pipe is around 2.5".

I dont know what that twin center pipe design brings to the table, most all Subaru exhausts I see are single center pipe.

I wanted more volume with no drone also, I decided to replace the rear silencers with Borlas. Result is a deep even tone with no drone.

Edited by Scubaboo

I see.

I dont think going to dual center pipes will increase the volume.

However, deleting the center box will definitely add volume. But you may get drone.

If you dont want to spring for one of the proven cat or axle - back systems at this time, maybe you try a few configurations first like replacing the center box with a straight pipe and/or deleting the rear boxes, and see how you like it. Easier and cheaper to try and return to stock if you dont like it.

I assume you mean Fujitsubo for your back boxes? It looks like there are two options.

This one (Authorize R) looks loud.

x8aKzqqfj51km6d_O23Lqh8dsLx1tCUwTTCk7HsTkHpkXiZUbNn8t5cnv87k0Em6gP7whLzEZiS3demMoXfz5CJiATW1ljCb1GDlEEgIFTqVhpUz=w245-h163

This one (Authorize S), not so.

resize_image.php?img=37645&sx=458&sy=351

Looks like they sell center pipes only too.

xresize_image.php,qimg=52220,asx=458,asy=351.pagespeed.ic.UkHITW5GF8.jpg

You'd think that would be noisy, but they rate it quieter than stock??

resize_image.php?img=52222&sx=458&sy=351

Here is the center section of the Legalis S, available separately too.

000000000000001937_80ab11bc-d30d-40d5-b5c4-f88ed5f0911b_1024x1024.jpg?v=1504521535

It's also louder than stock only at idle and mid rpm, quieter than stock at others??

https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/products/fujitsubo-exhaust-370-64093-1

I have the the same back boxes as in the second picture.

Problem is the price of getting the center pipes over to the UK is insane and there is no aftermarket parts for the gen 5 in the uk.

having the center section custom made is nearly half the price

I think the problem is the back boxes. They look to be designed to be quiet, like HKS' Silent Hi-Power series. So though it looks aftermarket and sporty, it really is designed to be very close to stock volume.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on Nasioc today and came across a thread talking about Fujitsubo exhausts. It looks like they really are on the quiet side, both the R and S.

You might be spending for nothing replacing the centre pipes to get more volume if the boxes will just be muffling them. You might be better off changing the boxes instead.

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2920323