LegacyGT.com

Another E85 LGT on stock injectors *at altitude*

cryo

I figured I would post a little data from another local LGT I tuned on e85 with stock injectors at altitude. *5000+ feet in colorado*

05 LGT - Opensource tuned, Stock intake,Stock injectors,DW 300lph,3inch bellmouth downpipe and the stock catback.

Lambda = .80 on E85 and 10.8-10.9 afr on 91oct. boost at a moderate 16psi on 91octane and 16.5 on E85 both tapering to redline. 90-92% IDC. BARO = 12.2

Keep in mind road dyno numbers are subjective but looking at the increases gives a good idea of what the difference is, the owner is very happy with the newfound power and torque for such little money.;)

EDIT: THIS IS AT 5000FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL, STOCK INJECTORS ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR E85 AT SEA LEVEL.

Dave

958087303_SeanC91octE85stg2LGTRddyno.thumb.jpg.ee401cb2ef8fceef594c9bb8b4e4dd19.jpg

e85stockmafandIDC.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

why such low boost?

During this testing session we did not see any increase in torque by adding any more boost. This car actually spooled a little slower than norm and needed a little more wgdc to hit targets, I think a smaller pill might help spool but the turbo seemed happy right about where its at. I have seen a few different vf40's peak right about 16.5-17 up here, not to say you can't run more, it just doesn't seem to help much if at all.

Legend - yeah, I think if more people knew they could have such a strong stage2 car with so little money spent a lot more people would *and will* jump on the corn train...

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

During this testing session we did not see any increase in torque by adding any more boost. This car actually spooled a little slower than norm and needed a little more wgdc to hit targets, I think a smaller pill might help spool but the turbo seemed happy right about where its at. I have seen a few different vf40's peak right about 16.5-17 up here, not to say you can't run more, it just doesn't seem to help much if at all.

The turbo would be way out of it's efficiency range with more boost, you found that empirically. This tune is roughly equivalent to me running 19 PSI at sea level, which is just about as hard as you should run it... I see atmospheric over 14.7 here sometimes.. The car is noticeably faster from 14.2 to 14.9 atmospheric. Actually I think this tells me I'm running too much boost, as the ECU is aiming for absolute pressure, which at 14.2 pushes the turbo further out of it's efficiency.

"Target Boost Compensation (Atm. Pressure) Multiplier" probably should be tuned to account for running above-stock boost pressures.

I'm running 18psi on pretty much the same setup, my road dyno showed a tiny bit more hp/tq but the curve isnt as smooth as your tune Cryo, hence I'm going to have you take a peak at it when we meet up next for some more car work. If I could run less boost w/ the same power I think that would be in the best interest of the stock turbo

If I could run less boost w/ the same power I think that would be in the best interest of the stock turbo

This is my car that the graph is from and your statement is the main reason for keeping the boost lower.

It was interesting to see that we hit the efficiency of the turbo. You could literally see that with adding more boost we got little results. I agree with Cryo that if it isn't making more power then what is the point of pushing the turbo hard.

Plus she is pretty quick at 16.5 psi :)

^agreed

Did you ever get that that IPR TMIC I sold you installed? Was it on for this tune? Curious to see what additional power it gives vs a stock TMIC.

No this was tuned with the stock ic as he mentioned having fitment issues before coming up for the tune.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^agreed

Did you ever get that that IPR TMIC I sold you installed? Was it on for this tune? Curious to see what additional power it gives vs a stock TMIC.

Like Dave said the IPR was having some issues fitting for some reason. I just bought a performance throttle body hose though that should give me a little more play room to get the thing to fit. I'll let ya know what it does for the power.

Sean

I don't see a huge difference being made after the tmic install only because the stock ic is actually pretty efficient at moderate boost levels, its just that the reliability is not the greatest over stock boost levels on some cases.

If you decide you want a retune after the install we can look at possible increases on the 91oct map but I don't see anything that would make me think increases on e85 will be seen. Its always hard to say but im happy to help.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived